Thursday, January 10, 2013

Martin Luther King Crayons

This is another art project that I have done for years. I can't remember where I got it and would like to give credit to the original creator. I'll see if I can find it and post again with their name.



I always start off by reading a book called "The Crayon Box That Talked" by Shane Derolf. The content is simple enough for my little ones to comprehend and it has a wonderful message about being unique and working together. It's the perfect way to introduce Martin Luther King and his dream. The quote on the box is from the book.

I should have used a darker color when tracing around the letters. Also, the kids wanted their names visible so I think that next year I will have each person holding a name tag. I used multicultural construction paper and let them pick out the shade they felt matched their own skin color.


No comments:

Post a Comment