Saturday, February 23, 2013

My Wish List

Another linky! yea!
I'm linking up with a Teacher Wishlist linky party over at First Grade Smiles.
I'll try to be brief...
I teach art in the afternoon and need materials but adapt many of the lessons for my kinders so, with that in mind, here goes:

*A really good laminating machine (we have a hand crank dinosaur)
*A Cameo Silhoette machine
*Sharpie Paint Pens-I have started writing their names on the tables with these pens. Yahoo! no more nametags!
*Crayola window pens-use these to let them practice writing sight words and numbers on my windows. So much fun!
*Liquid water colors- These are so much more vibrant than the trays of paint
*Watercolor paper
*New Pastels and chalks
*Glitter- Martha Stewart's are beautiful and I need lots for b-day crowns
*Patterned paper
*Scented marking pens
*ipod Nano-so we can sing and dance during clean up
*A new camera
*A new set of musical instruments

I could go on and on. The laminator would be wonderful. Sadly, I usually have to spend my own money on most of the other things. The district will buy watercolors, chalk, pastels and paper-grateful for that!

Time to go for a long walk outside! I have been staring at the computer too long!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for linking up! Your wishlist tells me that you are a SUPER fun teacher :) I would love to be in your class. What's this about writing on student tables ---- and it washes off??? That's awesome! I will have to check those out.

    Thanks again!
    Melissa
    First Grade Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa-thank you so much for the comment. I'm new to blogging and I am terrible on the computer so you have no idea how exciting it is to hear from someone! I have maybe one visit/week to my blog. Pitiful. Yes, the SHARPIE paint pens will come off with, of all the crazy things, white board cleaning solution OR with the white magical eraser sponges. Try it on a corner of a desk to test. Sharpie is the only type of pen that we have found to work well. Lots of fun colors. I've thought about writing the sight word for the week on the desk too but I don't like re-doing them each week!
    Thanks again!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog! It's adorable! Love it! :) I love your wishlist as well.

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! You've made my day! Come again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your wishlist and so happy to find your blog. Yes please tell us about these sharpie markers that write on the desks? Sounds so fun.
    Sherry

    Kindergarten Milestones

    ReplyDelete