Friday, February 22, 2013

Hall Pass

Help! I don't know how to do a Linky Party! I signed up and have no idea what to do!! Now I have to wait until my husband gets home to help me! Yikes...

My husband has informed me that I need to respond first so here goes...

Product or thing that I have created: mmmmmm. I guess the thing that I created most recently that I like would have to be the poem to go with the adorable long distance valentine that I saw on Pinterest (www.thepartyevent.com). I'm sure many of you saw it-two hands are traced and cut out, attached to a ribbon that matches the length of the sender's wingspan, lots of little paper hearts attached in between. I glued my poem in the middle and my little ones sent it off to a long distance love. It was actually a hit!! I was so excited. Lots of times I try things and they don't work.  Here it is for anyone who would like to use it: (I'd do the PDF thingy if I knew how)

The hands at the end of the little thread
Are as far apart as my arms can spread.

It's not very far because I'm still really small
(And it's not very far because I'm not very tall).

But hold them up and this will astound you:
It's far enough to reach around you!

So when I am gone and things are bugging you,
Just pull this out and pretend I'm hugging you!

Favorite area of my room: that's a toughy. I am so lucky to have an old, traditional kindergarten room. It has attached bathrooms, more square footage and storage than any other classroom on our campus and my own loft and playground.  My windows look out at snowcapped mountains. Sometimes though, on tough days, that extra large walk in closet looks like a tempting place to go hide. They'd never find me...

There is a special place in my classroom that I like a lot; it's lovingly referred to as "Teacher Land." This is  the mine-only spot ( I actually have a few Teacher Land locations). It is the place where I keep all the things I don't want them getting into- white board pens, glitter and other art supplies, things I need for the calendar, you know exactly the kind of things I am talking about. It's tucked in behind my easel. Anyway, it's off limits and the kids learn this from day one (As a matter a fact, I think last year we danced around the room pointing to anything off limits to M.C.Hammer's "U Can't Touch This").The best part is that I really don't have to monitor it closely because 5 and 6 year olds make great sheriffs! One move in the wrong direction and the alarms go off!

I've included a picture of my dramatic play area for fun!


Signal for transitions: I use a variety of things but the ring-for-service bell is a proven success. I ring it once and they are supposed to look for me immediately. I am using a money reward system (see an earlier post)  right now so I throw in a penny for the first person to respond. It works. I also have them point where they are headed next-it helps with traffic issues!



Sanity: believe it or not, my 40 minute commute home on country roads is very calming. The claw foot bathtub waiting for me is not bad either!

Whew! I am stressed out about this linky thing. It's time for a bubble bath.








5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting my blog! I find myself running to the computer to see if ANYONE has visited! It means a lot!

      Delete
  2. I am jealous of the loft and storage. I love how you sang to "U Can't Touch This!". We might have to try that. =)

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're kindness is so dearly appreciated. Thank you you coming to visit again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad I found you through the linky party...cute blog!
    Elizabeth
    Kickin’ it in Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete