Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Let's Get Acquainted - Person/Place/Thing

I'm linking up again with Latoya from Flying into First Grade for the Let's Get Acquainted Linky! These are so much fun.. You are supposed to name your favorite person, place, thing and animal. Hmmmmm.

Person: That would have to be my husband. He is the most patient person in the world. We have known each other for over 32 years and have been married for 26. He is a slow decision maker and I always tease that it took him 6 years to propose (buying a house with him was a process too and his patience waiting for the perfect home to come on the market about killed me but was well worth it!). He runs a rafting company and has taken me on the best adventures of my life. An  amazing father to our sons, he made sure they were raised outside on the rivers and gave them the opportunity to be little Huck Finns every summer, falling asleep under the stars and waking up to a day full of skipping rocks, catching salamanders, and running rapids. I thank God for him every day. He is the best thing that ever happened to me! My boys have to be included in this list. They are amazing and I am VERY proud to be their mom.

Place: There is a place on the Rogue River called Floradell
that I love. It has clear pools filled with salamanders, a waterfall you can sit under and a big rock to jump off of into the river. It is stunning and brings back lots of happy memories of my little boys trying to get up their courage to jump off that rock. They are grown now so when I go there I become very sentimental. I miss my little boys!!!

My favorite thing: It's a toss up of a couple of things: I love my beautiful antique engagement ring that I can no longer wear because I've put on some weight and have piggy fingers (I visit it often- it's in the safety deposit box). I also love my home. It is over 100 years old, with a wrap around porch and beautiful hardwood floors. We spent a whole year remodeling while we lived across the street. What fun! We still discover neat things from the old days in the yard- coins, ornaments, bottles. The other thing I love is my Keuring coffee maker! Ha!

Animal: That would have to be my son's dog, Luke. He died not long after my boy left for college, as if the job of raising his child was done. Saddest day ever!

I have to go and visit all the blogs now to see what you
said about your favorites! I had to include the picture of this tree! Beautiful!! I would love to hear from you!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Glad to find you. My keurig is one of my favorite things too! Wish I had thought about it before I posted.
    Ms. Kerri and her Krazy Klass

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house sounds amazing! I love the charm and characters of old homes :) I hope you're enjoying spring weather on your lovely porch!

    -Liz
    Love, Live, and Teach

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz, thanks for commenting! My house is wonderful. If I could just get the landscaping done! We sat on our steps last night and ate dinner. Love warm weather. So glad you stopped by!

    ReplyDelete