Saturday, April 20, 2013

Five for Friday


It's Five for Friday on Saturday, (again). Sorry.

1. I think I'll start off with a story...This week I wanted to teach my kinders about blends so I thought it might be fun to bring my blender and make smoothies with them. What a great way to reinforce the idea of  "blending" the sounds together, right? They absolutely LOVED the berry smoothies and got the concept of blends, no problem. I was thrilled. The next day I pointed to the chart where all the blend cards were placed, and asked them what they were called. With great enthusiasm they yelled, "Smoothies!" Well, I guess I laughed a little too much because now I can't get them to call them blends. I'll have to give next year's teacher a heads up! I sort of like "smoothies" better.

2. I put my second TPT packet up last weekend. We (my husband had to help me) worked so hard and it has been a great success in my own classroom. I hope it helps someone else too! It took us forever and I really don't know how you all do it. I have a whopping 3 things in my store. Check them out!




3. I had stressful meetings this week. The thing about those kind of meetings is that when I get home, I feel the need to make cookies! This week I made macaroons! I've never made them before. Super simple.









4. Look who was in my flower box as I pulled into the driveway! It's Rosie, our neighbor's cat. She greets me every day. Pretty sweet.






5. Here's a paper quilt made by my first grade art class! See my April 13th post for instructions. That's it for me. Happy weekend!

10 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. Your blog is so darling. I think your header is my favorite of all time!!!!!!!!!!!! So cute! I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! The Missus sent me over (Katie Knight from Teacher to the Core) and actually I'm your newest follower! Great looking blog! We've all had meetings that make you want to make cookies and eat them. All of them. Hang in there!
    Justin Knight- Writing Pad Dad
    Writing Pad Dad Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for following me and commenting!!! I don't know if you noticed, but the only other comment is from my husband! He liked the macaroons! He was my only follower for months. Got to love that guy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! Your blog is adorable. The name is very clever as is the picture. Have you ever read the book, Mrs. Spitzer's Garden? Your blog reminds me so much of that book. I think you'd really like it. Have a great week! Your newest followers, Tamra and Sarah
    First Grade Buddies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a nice compliment! thank you for following me!

      Delete
  5. Hi Sandy! I'm now following you also!! Did you take a picture today to get a head start for Friday?
    Love the blender idea! Think I will borrow that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello there! I wanted to stop by and say thank you so much for the sweet comments you left on my blog. I love your "Digging kids since 1984" - too cute!

    Susanna

    ReplyDelete
  7. That "smoothie" story is just the cutest!

    ReplyDelete