Monday, May 27, 2013

Fish and Thank You Gifts

The title sounds like I'm giving fish for thank you gifts!! No, no, no!
Read on...

Just a quick post about our end of the week art project! Every year when we go to the trout farm the owner requests trout paintings as a thank you. Usually, I'm glad to oblige but this year the kids just won't part with their fishies! I think it could be the addition of gold paint! Bling is essential to EVERYTHING! Here's one of our masterpieces swimming on my floor. Bulletin board post later!

 Got my thank you gifts done and ready to be delivered. I have very few mommy helpers this year. Don't feel sorry for me though, I have four amazing volunteers. One taught preschool for over 30 years, another taught first grade for 32 years, the other two were TAs and volunteered with their children. They make my blood pressure go down when they walk into my room...

6 comments:

  1. OH my gosh- I love the trout! What amazing projects you have- Laura

    Read-Write-Create

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they fun? I'll post the bulletin board later! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Did you do your blog header art? I would like to do an original drawing...not sure how to add it.
    Read-Write-Create

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny you should mention the header...I was just thinking how unprofessional it looks. Yes, I drew it but I sure didn't want it. I couldn't afford to spend any money on a design. I see beautifully done headers on other people's blogs and wish I could change mine. My sons told me to be different and I sure accomplished that!!!! The funny thing is, it looks JUST like me! Ha! I wish I could tell you how to add an original drawing but I had a lot of help! I'll see if my husband can help me give you directions!
      Sandy

      Delete
  3. I love your thank you gifts! Yes, you are right- bling makes everything just a little bit better! I think it is so much fun that you go to the trout farm. Those things are such wonderful experiences for the kids. :)
    Carolyn
    Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!! I just popped over to your blog-love your post! Cute cards!!! Yes, the trout farm is fun but a little scary. I don't run as fast as I used to...

      Delete