Sunday, June 2, 2013

Five for Friday/Father's Day and Graduation cards

Hi Doodle Bugs. Five for Friday just didn't work out for me but how about Sewer Saturday? What a weekend. I couldn't post on Friday because I watched the last of my 17 nieces and nephews graduate from high school.  Then I returned home to a clogged sewer in our rental cottage. Tom from Roto Rooter is our new best friend.





1. I received a really nice cookbook on Mother's Day from my son's girlfriend (how great is that?!! I have all boys and get things like running socks for holidays. I adore my boys but it's really fun having a girl in my life!).  I went to the dessert section and made some great lemon bars. Wow!



2. My sweet son and the afore mentioned adorable young lady came home for a weekend visit. She taught me how to make jam. It was great to spend time with her!


3. We made Father's Day cards this week. We did the classics, morning cup of coffee( I'm not sure that you can tell she has on a man's blazer, shirt and tie with my glasses sitting on the end of her nose) and driving the car but there are many alternatives. One year we did construction belts and another year they were mechanics under the Little Tykes car, reaching for tools.
















Also, if you haven't seen this book it's a MUST!!! It's about how daddies watch kids differently than mommies. I'm pretty sure it was written for my husband.









4.   I thought it might be fun to make kindergarten graduation invitations for the parents. Inside the card is all the information about the big day. So far the response has been good!







5. We also did our silhouettes for graduation. I usually do them in February for President's Week but didn't have time. It was so much easier to do them on the computer than the old fashioned way with the overhead projector.  It never looked like them and was a ton of work. This year I simply took their picture and my husband did the rest with photoshop (much easier for me!) The kids will write a simple "Who Am I ?" story to go with it.

Alrighty then, I have go work on report card comments. And eat some more lemon bars. Have a great Sunday!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for becoming a new follower! I love all of your ideas!! I just became a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm that jam and those lemon bars! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like jam a lot but those lemon bars... that little slice kept growing! thaks very much for visiting and commenting!

      Delete
  3. Your blog is precious and that jam looks delicious! I'm your newest follower! :)

    Kelly
    Thirsty Firsties

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelly! It was really fun to make and even better on my morning toast! I made rolls for my kinders and they liked the jam too! Thanks for following!!!!

      Delete