My post this week has only a little to do with school and is truly random!
1. I spent this week cleaning my classroom. It looked like a bomb had gone off! My style of cleaning is to pull everything out and start over. It's never pretty and at one point our secretary came through and couldn't figure out where my voice was coming from! You get the picture.
I went through files that haven't been cleaned in 10 years. Seriously. The good news is I found lots of great projects to update that I had completely forgotten about. The bad news is that some of the things I found show just how old I am. There were ditto pages!!!! For the youngsters out there, those were the pages we hand cranked on a machine with carbon paper-what a mess! My right arm was much more buff back then.
1. I always have a mini handwriting lesson for the parents at the Meet N' Greet. I'm sure you've all done this. I send them home with a practice activity and all the supplies and knowledge they need to help their child write their name properly. Hope springs eternal.
Anyway, look what I found in my dusty, old files. It's all yellow from age but you get the idea.
Now, you can buy the sentence strips with the colored lines, laminate it with their name and they just trace on top and erase. The advantage to the acetate is that they can practice without the name tag underneath. I think I'll do this for my newbies this year. An old idea reborn!
2. I found more volunteers in my yard. This one is hard to miss; it's HUGE!
3. My yard looks awful right now and will finally be receiving a little TLC from this gardener! Here is a before shot so that next week I can show you a new-and-improved picture. Pressure is on! It's the dearest home, really. It's over 100 years old and full of charm. I am so lucky.
4. My neighbor brought over some hydrangeas. Aren't they amazing?