Friday, June 28, 2013

Five for Friday

Hellooooo Five for Friday! I absolutely look forward to reading all the posts that go along with this linky! Thank you Doodle Bugs for hosting! I hope you have a restful July while on vacation!
Once again, these are really random and little to do with school. Isn't that the way it should be during summer? I'm going with the five words for Friday idea again! 

1. Art project with second grade:
2. CUTE garage sale fixer upper!
3. Beautiful volunteer of the week!
We used this poem I wrote when we sent home our morning glories for Mother's Day:

Morning Glories are my favorite flower,
They rise and shine at an early hour.
They like to climb and cling to things,
And they're ready for whatever the daylight brings.
They're bright and happy and sometimes blue,
They grow so fast it can't be true.
Why do I like them? Can't you see?
Morning glories are just like me!

Haha! Look at that. I went over the five word rule AGAIN! I didn't even make it to #5!! 

4. Great G-pa's bike on porch.
5.Not gardening, it's too hot!
Lastly, I am so excited to have a new Base Ten pack to sell on TPT next week but not until my husband gets back from a rafting trip. Darn his other job!!!! He has to help me fix one more thing. I HAVE to learn how to do all this computer stuff...

Also, I need help about Bloglovin'. I use Google Plus. Can anyone tell me if I have to switch to Bloglovin? And if I do, it better be easy!

Have a great weekend! I love those comments!

13 comments:

  1. Hi Sandy!
    I did change over to Bloglovin'- so if I can do it... you KNOW you can! There is a tutorial at Kickin'it in Kindergarten that is helpful about how to claim your blog.
    Oh my goodness, I love your garage sale fixer upper AND the morning glory poem. I grow morning glories every year in my school window. I start them the first week in March and they do great! I hang strings from the ceiling, we plant the seeds in a window box in front of the window and they are so much fun!
    Carolyn
    Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, as you can see, my hubby left on a rafting trip and told me he thinks I'm fine to stay on Google Plus but I'm not so sure!

      I love that little table and those morning glories too! That fence will be covered in no time.

      Always nice to hear from you!

      Delete
  2. Hi Sandy! Love seeing little bits of your world! If you have more poems like that you should make a little poem book! So sweet!

    Susanna
    Whimsy Workshop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like my little poems! My two most favorite poems are coming for back-to-school! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  3. What a great way to display your great grandpa's bike! Can't believe people could ride those!
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that a neat bike? We have pictures of Great Grandpa getting onto it. He needed assistance and stood on a box! No brakes!!!

      Delete
  4. Cool bike. Have you ever tried to ride it?
    We have a little raised bed veggie garden. I composed a bit this fall and winter and I think we have some volunteer babies from last Halloween's pumpkin. Hopefully I can keep them alive.
    Go sign up for bloglovin' if you haven't. It's really easy and it transfers all of the blogs you follow with one click of a button.
    Have a good weekend.

    School Is a Happy Place

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it shows in the picture but the bike is very rusty and there is no rubber on the tires. It is super high up off the ground too.
      I love volunteers and hope to find one for every Five for Friday post this summer!!
      Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  5. Hi Sandy,

    I found you through a comment you made on Heather's Heart. I just wanted to offer you some words of encouragement. Hang in there! It takes time to develop a following. Your blog is so cute and you'll get there. I'm looking forward to you visiting again! I'm following you on Google Connect...and Bloglovin'. Now hurry up and go create an account for yourself! :)

    Feel free to email me if you ever need blog/tech help.
    Wendy
    ReadWithMeABC {at} yahoo {dot} com
    Read With Me ABC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy, thank you for the encouragement, you were very considerate to find my blog and comment. It made me feel better and I'll stick with it a while longer and see how things go! I signed up with Bloglovin'! Here we go!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for poppin' in for a little visit last night. Where are you . . . I am up in little old Red Bluff (don't be too jelly)??!! That yard sale table is an amazing find! Hugs and Merry 4th :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would love to know what you used for the pear art... Thanks so much for sharing tidbits from your week!

    Smiles,
    Sarah @ Hoots N Hollers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for asking about the pear project. I used chalk and yes, it was messy! Each child had tissue to keep their fingers clean. It was a directed art activity beginning with a circle. I had set up a still life example of three pears, yellow red and green with a lamp shining directly from the upper left side so the kids could see the shine and shadow. These turned out so beautifully that we went on to do apples in a bowl. I posted a picture of the apples on an earlier post about the art show. Unfortunately the picture is not great! Happy summer!

      Delete