Sunday, June 30, 2013

Sunday Smorgasbord Linky

Any linky that involves randomness should have my name all over it!!! I just found Fabulous in First's Sunday Smorgesbord Linky and had to sign up!!! Thank you so much for hosting! 
Like I've often said, randomness and spontaneity are a big part of a kindergarten teacher's life and summer seems to be no exception. Here's a sample of my a little bit of this, a little bit of that...

I still have my youngest home for a short visit. Here are a few of his lovely instruments and recording thingys beautifying my dining room. I  actually don't mind! We haven't seen him in over a year and it has been wonderful having him home. He's very talented and I couldn't be more proud. Of his music. Not his bedroom. It is loaded with even more recording stuff-what a mess!

These are some of the river gifts that my husband brings home to me when I can't join him on rafting trips. This picture is not good and doesn't show how beautiful they are. He runs a nonprofit rafting company and is gone a lot during the summer. When my boys were young they brought me heart shaped river rocks (can you spot one?)! So sweet!

Look at these poor plants. Can you tell it was about 107 degrees outside today?

Have you seen this book? It is the dearest little story about a mother's wishes for her child by Alison Meghee and Peter H. Reynolds. If you know someone who's expecting, this would be a sweet gift. I'm a few years past the mom watching from the porch as her child leaves.  The whole book makes me blubber. But, if you lucky, those precious kids occasionally come back!

I'm off to see if anyone else has randomness in their life! See  ya! PLEASE follow me on Bloglovin'

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh...I need that book! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting! You'll love the book.

      Delete
  2. My teenage sons are musical as well! Isn't it lovely? While I sit doing TPt stuff at the table, they'll each wander in and pick up the guitar, play for a while, then wander off again. So nice to have a house of music! Hubby teaches music so i guess it rubbed off!
    Susanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susanna,
    I am so proud that they are musical because my husband and I are so NOT musical! We both sing off key, way off key! Thank you for always visiting and also, thank you for your help with my switch to Bloglovin'.

    ReplyDelete