Friday, June 21, 2013

Throw Back Thursday Linky

It's late (10pm) and here I am joining another linky party. I can live on the edge now because I don't have to get up at 5am! Woot woot!

Thank you to First Grade Parade and Throw Back Thursday!
It's sort of silly that I'm even joining in because I've only been blogging a short time. My most popular past post (say that three times) was two paragraphs long. You read that right, two short paragraphs long. It was a poem I wrote for Mother's Day and it received over 580 visits! Now, that may not sound like many visits to you, but it still holds the record on my little blog by a long shot!

Here it is:

Mother's Day Poem

Here's the poem to go with the Mother's Day hand:

Here are some flowers bright and bold
Held by the hand you love to hold.
Someday the flowers will disappear
But this little hand will always be near.

 I'd love to know if you could use this silly little poem. A comment would mean so much! Thanks!  What do you do for Mother's Day?

That's such a whimpy post so I hope it's ok to put up another. It's my Art Portfolio. This is a great thing to get ready before school starts or have your parents put together for you at your Meet the Teacher meeting.


March 2, 2013

Art Portfolio


KindergartenWorks
So, this is what I brought home to work on this weekend. I keep walking right by and conveniently finding other things to do! Anything. Scrubbing the sink looks more attractive than tackling this mess. It's actually worse than it looks because there's more stuff behind both chairs!

One of the things I have to do is file art work. I've piled things under my desk for a while now and thought I'd better get to work.  I wanted to show you the paper bag art portfolio that has served me well over the years. Once again, I have no idea who taught me how to make them! I really would love to give credit to the right person!! Anyway...

Get paper grocery bags that have handles. Begin by cutting down the side seam and around the bottom of the bag. Toss the bottom aside. Turn the bag inside out and pull the handles up so they are showing. Using clear strapping tape, go around the open edges to secure the side and bottom. I add strapping tape to the other side as well just to make it look better. Put the child's name on the handle and label the front. Easy!

I write "Kindergarten Art Portfolio" but our second grade teacher writes "Second Grade at a Glance." I am sure you will come up with something clever. I have had parents make these with me at the beginning of the year at the Meet-N'-Greet. It's a great way to get them made ahead of time. They're sturdy and easy to carry. I store them in a copy machine paper box. If you have a student aide, filing art work is the perfect job for them. Hmmmmm, I wonder if I should be worried that no one signed up to be my aide this year...

I hope this helps someone! What do you use to store classwork treasures? Please leave a comment and let me know if this post has been helpful!! I think I'll go bake cookies...



4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It has been great for me! Glad it can help someone else! thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love the poem- and the art portfolio idea. Thank you! I am with you on overlooking a pile of "stuff" and being able to walk on by and find lots of other things to keep me busy... you would think the clutter fairy would get right on that and help, wouldn't you? Never.
    Carolyn
    Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! I wish I could tell you that I was neat and tidy but no, I'm not. Anything looks better than cleaning, doesn't it? Nice to hear from you!

      Delete