Sunday, July 28, 2013

A Quick Sunday Smorgie

Hi Sunday Smorgie-ers! Thanks again to Fabulous In First for hosting!
I'm posting some random things as I'm packing up to head back to you-know-where. My posts should finally start having school related content!

I'm working really hard to get my aprons up and running! It's way more work than I ever thought and I wish I could say it was easy! Stay tuned...
My envelopes are colored and ready to be stuffed with our Welcome to Kindergarten letters! Whew! I highly recommend decorating envelopes/letters to send to your new students. My kids have always loved them and it's a great way to make the first contact with them really sweet! Go buy some envelopes, get out your markers, find a good chick flick and get busy!
I found these neat chalks at JoAnnes. I love them and used them on my envelopes. They will be staying in "Teacher Land" and definitely not up for kinders to use. I can see the messy faces already, and hands, and clothes, and papers and...you get the idea!


This was an impulse buy. I make the silliest b-day crowns with my kids and how can you have a crown without glitter? Lots and lots of glitter! It's the fine type and I often have difficulty getting it back into the teeny jar. I'm hoping this helps but we all know that a paper with a crease down the middle works well when you tip it and pour. Hmmmm, we'll see.


Finally, here's a picture of the items waiting to be packed into my car for school. The best find is that silly Dough Boy stuffed toy. He does the most ridiculous giggle that's too perfect for a 5 year old. And this old teacher. We'll take him out for cooking and joke time (kinders tell the worst jokes and Dough Boy may be the only one who gets them). I think we may have to check the link about jokes below!
Thanks so much for stopping by! As I was headed out the door I happened to check the mirror. I've got to go wash my face-chalk everywhere from decorating the envelopes! Ha! Close call.

 I love your comments!


13 comments:

  1. That tray-mate is brilliant! I can think of a million uses for that through the school year - I will have to go search that out. Don't you love it when people invent things that are just so practical for primary teachers?
    Susanna
    Whimsy Workshop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susanna! I found the tray at Joanne's right next to my new chalk blending set! I bet a teacher invented it!

      Delete
  2. Sandy, I know how you feel with all your "stuff" that needs to go into school and find a home there... I just spend 3 hours there putting things away somewhere! I just hope I remember how I "organized" them when I actually go to look for them. I love that silly doughboy. That will be a favorite!
    Carolyn
    Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That picture of my "stuff" was only a small portion. The pile is actually much bigger. I don't have room at home OR in my classroom for these things. I'm looking more and more like a hoarder!

      Delete
  3. Ha, ha! You are right about kindergarten jokes - they can laugh hysterically about something that I have no idea what it means! The Dough Boy is perfect!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They'll think something is a real knee slapper and I'll just shake my head. Gotta love 'em. Thank you so much for the comment!

      Delete
  4. That Tray Mate looks amazing. I remember those days of adding glitter to my kinder's projects & what a mess we would make. Thank you for sharing, I'll have to make a trip to Joanne's.

    Stephanie
    PolkaDotPalace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting! We'll see how the Tray Mate works out. I'll use it soon if you'd like to wait to purchase. I'll test drive and let you know!

      Delete
  5. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Sandy! One of these days I want to meet you in person!! That kid with jokes made me laugh out loud and I'm typing away while my husband is sleeping since he has to get up at 4am and I'm having to cover my mouth so as not to wake him!!
    ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck starting back up again. Since you go to bed by 8:00 you should be rested enough to take on your new little kinders with no problem.
    My daughter starts on Thursday of this week. I hope she has a teacher as thoughtful as you.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  7. I hope she thinks kindergarten is magical!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE your blog name, and so glad I found you! A HUGE thank you for having me on your blog roll - I will return the favour and add you to mine :)

    ReplyDelete