Friday, July 19, 2013

Favorite Pins Linky/Back to School

It's Favorite Pin Friday!! It's always tough to pick but I've decided to put some Back To School pins up that may help new teachers or those of us who like to change things up! Here goes...

I got to see Kathleen Pedersen at the I Teach K conference. She was great! I've used this manners packet before and absolutely LOVE it!

Monster Fun! Teaching Manners and Expectationshttp://pinterest.com/pin/570127634048044139

This is a fun name song. I apologize ahead of time because you'll be singing this little ditty all day long!


You can never have enough cute newsletters!"Editable" Monthly-themed Newsletters
I love greeting my kids at the door with a silly handshake or fist pump that we make up. If you really want to make them laugh, mess it up . They get all pushed out of shape and make you do it until you get it right! Dr. Jean has a wonderful list of fun greetings to say to the kids as they come through the door. 
Greetings for Morning Meeting
The Night Before School Jitter Glitter... love this!  Going to hand out this poem and a packet of glitter at small groups for families to do this with their children prior to first day of school.

'Getting to know you' activities for the first weeks. This and teaching about the school counselor!
Cute idea
Great idea for first picture of the year! I've done these before-just remember to do it on a cloudy day or put up one of those soccer pop up tent thingys so that you don't get a shadow.
Mrs. Thigpen's Kindergarten: You can find me over at........and some favorite pins!
Always a must!
First Week of School Ideas
Gotta love David!
Love this idea!!!
T.G.I.F! - Thank God It's First Grade!: Inventive Spelling Freebie!

Great letter to send parents when the kids start to take writing home.

Color Surprise Play Dough! The color is hidden inside the play dough and is revealed when they start playing with it!
Great to do on the first day! If your play dough turns into a color we'll have a magical year!
Kinder-Gardening: Art Portfolio
Not trying to toot my own horn, but this is a great portfolio given to me 20 years ago. Get these made ahead of time! Perfect for stashing all of their art projects.

What parent wouldn't love to have a silhouette and their child's wish for first grade! Great beginning of the year idea!
This is a great idea for the first week of school. Have the kids tell you what their wishes are for the year.

And finally...
I will let them be little... and love them like there is no tomorrow ♥

This is just a small sample of things I've found. Pinterest is loaded with thousands of great Back To School ideas. I was blown away when I met a new teacher who had never heard of TeachersPayTeachers or the education section of Pinterest!!!! It should be a part of their credentialing program!!!! Seriously!

I have no idea what I did to make the font so small and I can't seem to fix it. So sorry! If you know how I managed to goof up, leave me a comment!!!

I've got to go unpack from a great time at the I Teach K conference! I also need a day or two to process all the information! Whew!

I love comments and will be sure to respond. Please follow me on Bloglovin'!



7 comments:

  1. Hi Sandy!
    "Up the ladder, down the ladder, one by one.
    Up the ladder, down the ladder, one by one.
    Up the ladder, down the ladder, one by one.
    Up the ladder, down the ladder, one by one.

    Thanks a lot! lol :-)

    PS: Do you have a FB fan page? I bullied Carolyn into making one yesterday, and you should have one too! I just figured out how to make a fan freebie button on mine, but I have no idea how I did it! Seems to be working though! I cute little zigzag zebra clip art is there if you want it!
    :-)
    Susanna
    Whimsy Workshop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi guys! I am back from Niagara Falls- and ready to get that FB page going! :) THANK you so much, Susanna for helping me! (bullying me- whatever! haha) I appreciate it so much!
      Start with me, Sandy- how bad can it be?! : ) HA HA. The whole time I am writing this, you realize that "Up the Ladder, Down the Ladder, One by One" is chanting away in the background...

      Delete
    2. Hi Gals! I don't have anything Facebook! What's a Fan page? Help!!! I'm so pitiful on the computer. Wah!

      Delete
  2. Heeeheeeeee! Isn't that song great I've been talking all day in the same cadence! one by one. I'm scared to death of Facebook! one by one. Maybe my husband will help me figure it out! one by one. What are the advantages? one by one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandy, Can I just say that Blog Lovin' has been great because I am able to catch up with you more often. I have said it before but your blog header just captures the heart of teaching! Thanks for doing what you do!
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE the graphics at the end of your post. LOVE it.

    XOXO,
    Katie
    Teacher to the Core ~ Teaching Tips, Tricks, and Mommy Magic

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie, thank you so much! I have to tell you how much I wanted to pay someone to make a header for me! I was very embarrassed for the longest time so I dearly appreciate your saying something positive!! Your blog has been a huge help to me. Thank you, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandy,
    I LOVE the song- of course, cause I am singing it now- and that color playdough is such a fabulous idea! I am doing that for sure. I also love that writing note, the wish flower, and the Monster Manners. WOW- tons of great ideas!
    Carolyn
    Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together

    ReplyDelete