Tuesday, July 16, 2013

"Loving Wisdom to New Teachers" Linky

I'm linking up with Fabulously First! for her "Loving Wisdom to New Teachers" Linky.
Fabulously First
Thank you for hosting!  We are supposed to offer advice to those just starting out in the teaching profession. I've been teaching for 200 years so here's my little bit to add to the mix:

Greet your babies at the door with a smile and some direct eye contact. Let them know that it makes your day when they are there! When they've been gone I always tell them how much I missed them, that our class wasn't the same without them.

The two suggestions in the box were given to me my first year of teaching by two veterans:


 Those secretaries and janitors are some of the nicest people at school. Thank them constantly! 

And, be kind, be kind, be kind!

There you go! I love, love, love new teachers!

I'm running from session to session at the I Teach K Conference! So many cute ideas! I'm going to post my favorite idea from the day later on! See ya!

Please, oh please, follow me on Bloglovin"!!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Sandy for linking up and I know you are having a GREAT time at the K Conference!
    Deb at Fabulously First

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great advice!
    I'm impressed you are blogging from a conference. I can't wait to hear about your new ideas.
    Have a great week.

    School Is a Happy Place

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are one dedicated blogger, Sandy! Still bloggin' even in Vegas! Love it!
    :-)
    Susanna
    Whimsy Workshop

    ReplyDelete