Monday, July 29, 2013

Made a Mess Monday!

This is my first Made It Monday Linky! Thank you 4th Grade Frolics! In my case, this linky should be called I Made a Mess Monday Linky! I can't believe how quickly I can mess up a space. I'm like a little tornado. What I really need is someone to follow behind and pick up as I create. Wouldn't that be great? Like that's ever going to happen! These little bits were EVERYWHERE! I have the feeling I'll be finding them for weeks...

I've been seeing all these adorable banners that everyone is making and thought I'd give it a try. Looked easy. But it's not! It took me hours and I'm still not done! I should have found directions on Pinterest. Here's what I did...

I think I've mentioned that I love the patterned scrapbooking paper. I have a huge collection and let the kids use it for all our art projects. I have quite the stash at home and cut out enough large triangles to spell out "Welcome." Truth be told I was going for "Welcome to Kindergarten" but after I made welcome there was no way I was continuing on! Welcome will be just fine!

Next, I used my border maker thingy from Martha Stewart and punched away until I had enough to go around all three sides of the triangles.

I folded down the end of each triangle so that I could hang them on a ribbon.
Using the hot glue gun I pretty much just burned all my fingers and then when I was done doing that, I glued the paper lace around the edges of the triangles.

When I was done crying, I cut out the letters and glued them down to the triangles. Voila! My banner without the ribbon! And all the other words (to Kindergarten).

I'm off to see what everyone else made!

My apron project is moving along and soon to be up and running! Stay tuned!

I love your comments! Please follow me on Bloglovin'

11 comments:

  1. Hi Sandy! I was thinking about making one of these soon too! And I wanted mine to say "Welcome to Kindergarten" too!!! You've got me scared now! HA! Well, even though you just did "Welcome" it looks beautiful and I agree that it is enough! I love the lace around the edges! What a unique touch! I'm your newest follower! I laughed out loud while reading your post so I am looking forward to reading more!

    Tess
    The Teacher and the Frog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tess, do it on the computer. OMG I had no idea (Read Kelly's comment below). I'm such a ding a ling!

      Delete
  2. Sandy- LOVE it! :) I felt like I was there with you- cause I would be burning my fingers, too! I cannot wait for your apron updates!!!
    What a fun post.
    Carolyn :)
    Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carolyn, read Kelly's comment below for a good laugh! I had so much fun chatting with you! And that apron!!! I spent the entire day working on it. Whew!

      Delete
  3. I loved your post! Your banner turned out terrific, burned fingers and all. I took the easy way out when I made mine. did it all on the computer so there was not cutting, gluing, or burning. lol
    Kelly
    I'm Not Your Grandpa, I'm Your Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you kidding me? You can do this on the computer? I'm crying again!

      Delete
  4. Your bunting looks wonderful! Thanks for sharing!

    Sarah @ Hoots N' Hollers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandy, I think your banner turned out perfectly! I just finished a post on creating your own pennants, using Power Point (with you in mind!!). Head on over and check it out! I hope it helps!

    Susie
    Shafer's Shenanigans 

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete