Friday, July 26, 2013

Welcome to School Poem and Envelopes

 Two weeks before school starts I have always hand-decorated envelopes to send a packet that includes a welcome to kindergarten poem (that includes a time for the Meet N" Greet), class supply list, and parent letter. It takes hours to draw these envelopes and several chick-flicks to get it all done. Parents and students go crazy over them and so I thought I might be able to create printed envelopes to save teachers some time (and help you avoid some really sappy movies). I encourage you to either decorate your own envelopes or check out mine. Either way, the kids love getting mail and this is a fun way to get them excited for the coming year!

Well, with a lot of help from hubster, it got done! Woot woot! My teeny tiny TPT store now has a whopping 4 items!

I love to color and get great joy from all my art supplies. It's a problem. This is a small sample of what I hoard at my home, in the closet, so my husband doesn't keep track of all my supplies. The patterned paper is another addiction and a different post...

Anyway, I find a few good chick flicks on TV and off I go! If you don't like to color, buy pizza for your own kids and enlist their help! Or. better yet, send the envelopes uncolored so your students can color them! I can't even tell you how happy I am that I don't have to hand draw this year's envelopes! Yipeeeeee!

 AND, in case you're worried...the post office has no problem with decorated envelopes. I've never had an issue mailing them but I took one of these puppies to the post office to double check. They assured me the pictures weren't a problem. 

The little welcome poem for kindergarten is included in the packet (you'll have to edit the date) and I love Krista's (of Creative Clips) back-to-school clip art. I hope you like it too! The envelopes work for any grade level, not just kindergarten. You may have to play a little with your printer but if I can do it, anyone can!

If you don't like mine, get your own envelopes and decorate them yourselves. Truly, this has been super successful for me and the kids love receiving mail! Have fun!

Please follow me on Bloglovin', Pinterest, or Google Friend! Thank you!

6 comments:

  1. OK- the minute I saw this I rushed right over to your store. Sandy, your store my not be huge- but your activities are AWESOME! One of the favorite things I got and can't wait to use is your Base Ten Flashcards! They are genius, in my opinion! I also have your Sentence Construction unit. Yay! Can't wait! And now... these envelopes and poem. Just precious! Thank you for sharing these!
    Carolyn
    Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're like my Fairy godmother! Thank you for always commenting. Every time I post you come by to visit. It means so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my - I've never had a chance to look through your TPT store, Sandy. I just did, and it's like a little treasure box of amazing things! Wow! I might just have to spread the word about all these goodies.
    :-)
    Susanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susanna! I'm not exactly setting the world on fire with my TPT but that's ok by me!! I'm so bad on the computer that it takes me weeks to get anything done! HAHA! Thank you for your sweet comment!

      Delete
  4. Sandy...confession time...I yanked that picture of your poem and envelopes for a post! I did link back to you though. Do you mind if I use it? I hope you are doing well! I'll come add the link when I get it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here it is: http://fcsandthensome.blogspot.com/2014/03/the-kindergarten-transition.html

      Delete