Sunday, August 25, 2013

Friday, August 23, 2013


Five for Friday


Thursday, August 22, 2013
Five for Friday
I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs for another round of Five for Friday.fiveforfriday2
I'm sticking with my Five Words for Friday version of this linky party. I already wrote this post once and it disappeared into bloggy world and I'm just too tired to do it all over. Five words will have to do! You probably prefer it too!

1. Yellow+Blue=Green means a magical year ( I know this was more than five words- I'm doing my usual warm up).
2. Gotta love those monsters (thanks to Growing Kinders).
3. Ready for that rascal David!
4. Some fun "Kissing Hand" props.
5. Driving towards our property. Yikes!
Here's a picture of the roadblock right in front of our property (I get to say more than 5 words for this). What you can't see is the huge plume to the left of this picture.
27 years ago we sat on our store porch and watched as a fire came over the ridge. We were 27 years old and new land owners. That night the fire crew staged from our property and saved all but one cabin. I'll never forget driving up afterwards to thank the firemen and seeing a sign that read "Welcome to Hell." It looked like heaven to us. We couldn't believe they had saved it.

Today we sat on the same porch and watched all the action again. The most amazing thing had to be the DC 10 dumping retardant near by. WOW! We grabbed more pictures off of walls and left. As we were driving away, I noticed a horse walking down our road. Apparently, people let them loose and leave. I felt broken-hearted and called someone I thought might be able to help. I hope everyone and every animal is safe tonight.

A very sincere thank you to every firefighter and police officer. They're amazingly brave and dearly loved!


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are happy and relieved to see our property is still safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete