Monday, August 19, 2013

Motivate Me Monday


I'm so grateful for a quick little linky party! Thank you First Grade Buddies for hosting.

I'm exhausted and in full swing with school. We were supposed to start school tomorrow but there is a fast moving fire right outside our mountain town. It's very close to our property and I spent time frantically grabbing family treasures that we have stored out there in a container. Very scary to see the helicopters and planes right above me and the plumes of smoke so close by. Let's hope we wake up to good news.




So, after a tough day I saw this and was so charmed. It made me even more excited to meet my new crowd of kinders! I love to sit and just listen to their stories, don't you? I could do it all day. Their enthusiasm is so endearing.
Oh my goodness....she tells a very interesting and made-up-as-she-goes story...in French. It did not take long for tears to come to my eyes. Adorably sweet.

10 comments:

  1. Hope everyone and everything will be safe. I must tell you that I absolutely love your blog design. I find it so creative and endearing all at once. I especially love the mismatched socks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I can't tell you how much i didn't want to use that picture. My husband insisted and so , there it is! The funny thing is that I actually look a lot like that little old lady! And I don't particularly care about fashion, so the mismatched socks were a no-brainer. I also wear an apron every day because I'm always covered in paint, glitter or play dough! You made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You definitely need some motivation and happy thoughts! So sorry to hear about your delayed school start due to the fires. We're so glad you were able to take time to share a bit with us and give us a smile! Hope things start looking up and the fire gets contained!

    :) Tamra and Sarah
    First Grade Buddies

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandy, I am so sorry about the fire. Please keep me posted. I will be thinking of you so much. Oh this little girl is the sweetest. Here EYES just draw you in. And I love that French! Thank you for sharing.
    Talk to you soon!
    Carolyn
    Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together

    ReplyDelete
  5. We woke up to ashes this morning and lots of smoke. We're headed up to see how things look. From all our sources everything is fine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, I hope everything is okay this morning. How scary!!! That little girl is adorable!

    Sarah
    A Sunny Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no, Sandy! I hope everything is alright! I'll be thinking of you.
    I remember seeing this little girl quite a while ago and loving her! I wish they'd do an update so we can see what she's like now. :)
    Susanna
    Whimsy Workshop

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Katie. School has been cancelled again due to the fire. I went up and worked in my classroom-it was like a ghost town. Still sitting tight. We can see our property from the roadblock but they wouldn't let my husband go through. We understand and think those firefighters and police enforcement people are heroes, putting their lives in danger for all of us. We can hear the bombers heading back to the airport at night. Scary stuff. Lots of friends on standby evacuation. So sad because this is incredibly beautiful land and precious people's homes at stake.

    ReplyDelete