Monday, August 5, 2013

Made it Monday

Made It Monday takes on a whole new meaning at this time of year! It's Made It Madness for me as I scramble to complete new projects for my classroom. Thanks to all of you for giving me a million wonderful ideas! I think. A big hug to 4th Grade Frolics for hosting! I love this linky and told a first year teacher to check it out. What an amazing resource of fabulous ideas!!!!
I got busy this week and went shopping. I've been sort of protesting the end of summer. I'm on the move now! The first thing I did was buy a laminator. I've wanted one forever and I can't tell you how much I love, love, love it!

I got right to work and made my file holders for lesson plans. These labels are from Maria Manroe at Kinder-Craze! Her blog is amazing! Hop on over if you've never been but put aside lots of time, you'll be there for hours!

 Each week I try to be sure to have everything I may need organized by the day so these were perfect. It really helps if you need a sub too.

 Where's Friday, you're asking? Friday needs a really neat and fun looking file holder. I've found that parents seem to think that on Fridays we don't do anything so it's the best day to not send their child to school and go on a trip or shopping. So... I try to jazz  up my Fridays with special projects. It's the day we get to go to the library and the computer lab, I try to have a special art activity or science experiment, and we have sharing and Indoor/outdoor Day. The kids beg to come on Fridays! Yes, there's academic time too but they don't notice because it's been disguised!

I made new additions to my calendar! I found this idea on Pinterest. It's from Mamma Jean. Her calendar advice is great and I recommend you check it out! We needed a change. And I wanted to use the laminator!
Weather chart to add to the classroom calendar... great way to keep track of weather for the week and talk about how it can change daily. I would break each day into two weather words, how it looks (sunny, snowy, rainy, foggy) and how it feels (hot, cold, warm, chilly).


Weather chart to add to the classroom calendar... great way to keep track of weather for the week and talk about how it can change daily. I would break each day into two weather words, how it looks (sunny, snowy, rainy, foggy) and how it feels (hot, cold, warm, chilly).


Look at these little shoes! I found this idea at Party Frosting on Pinterest. I'm going to have these on their desks with two new pencils poking out AND I'd like to encourage them to go home and work on learning to tie those shoes (I spend a ridiculous amount of time tying shoes. How about you?). I think I'll print something like Let's Get Off On the Right Foot! Here are two rough drafts:


If teaching doesn't pan out maybe I could design tennis shoes!!

Lastly, sad news about the Think It Over Chair.


My husband pointed out that it's a stool and not a chair. I also decided I need a real chair and maybe more along the lines of a big, cozy, wicker chair (it needs to be cozy because I've found that often, my grumpy person is just tired and needs to take a nap. That would include me!). Actually, I have learned that wicker can be bad for upset people because they pick at it. Then the janitor is mad at me because those little pieces ruin his vacuum cleaner. Most important rule ever: never upset the janitor (or the secretaries)!  So, I found an alternative use for the Think It Over Chair; it's in my laundry room and it couldn't be more perfect for me when I have to climb up high to find things. I'm on the search for a new Think It Over Chair. Drat.

I can't wait to go see what everyone else made!!!

Please, if you think of it, follow me on Bloglovin' or Google Plus! And your comments mean so much to me-it's the first thing I look for!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I've really been eyeing those laminators when I'm out! You'll have to let me know how you like yours and the costs involved. Regarding the shoe-tying: one year I told all the parents to go buy only velcro shoes for inside wear! We still practiced tying for outside shoes, but at least I cut the work in half!
    Susanna
    Whimsy Workshop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so smart. The only thing I hate about velcro shoes is the noise they make while I'm trying to impart very fascinating information! HA!

      Delete
  2. I love these ideas, Sandy! I wondered about that laminator, too. Is it expensive to get the laminating sheets? I would love one... I really like that weather chart idea. Love it, in fact. And I am with Susanna on those Velcro shoes! I printed out some Pete the Cat awards for shoe-tying... we'll see... ;) Yours are so precious! Love them, too! I love your think it over stool in the laundry room. It's so pretty!
    Great post!!
    Carolyn
    Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. woow,I really like your little shoes,It's a great idea!

    I am your newest follower on Bloglovin

    I'd love you to stop by my blog,If you get a chance.

    www.mysmartangels.blogspot.com

    Nilangi

    ReplyDelete