Sunday, September 15, 2013

What a mess!


OMG! I just had to share this picture of my kitchen. I have 29 kids this year and my Sundays are for the prep I couldn't get done during the week. Where have the counters gone? I swear I spent 1/2 hour looking for my keys so that I could go make 29 copies of some adorable kinders, which by the way is not cheap.  I also need to buy stock in Elmer's Glue, tape, and Advil. HA! Don't get me wrong my kids are precious, it's just a ton of work. I also have an amazing group of mommies who are willing to help, I just have to get better at asking. There are lots of people stepping up to make this a better situation for the kids. 

 How will I find the time to assess 29 kids? Oh my. I have friends who have 33 kids in their classroom! Time to put on my big girl panties! Now, if I could just find the telephone...it's ringing...I know it's here somewhere...Have a great week!
amen.

10 comments:

  1. Yes take a deep breathe and oh my 29 kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photo made me laugh out loud because I can so relate to this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandy, OK- this is a perfect post! Just what everyone needed to see- reality! You are such an AWESOME teacher! Lots of people would just give up with that many students and not do the wonderful stuff you do. They are so blessed to have you. But wow- that is WAY too many for one teacher. :( I wish I could team teach with you! :)
    Carolyn
    Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carolyn, we have a darling cottage out back!!!!!

      Delete
  4. Sandy... I can SO relate! I have 30 kinder-babies this year (full day of course). It is A LOT of kiddos! Even when they are working some-what quietly...it's still loud due to the shear number of voices! Mid-term is right around the corner, and I too am beginning to sweat assessments. I'm praying for ya' sister! We can do this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am retired and usually close to the computer. If you need something recreated or made feel free to let me know and I will do it and PDF it back to you ASAP. I do this for Autumn frequently and she does not have that many students.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's about the kindest thing anyone has ever offered me. How sweet are you? All is well and I am going to make my friend Holly envious! They gave me a full time aide today! Not just any aide, the BEST aide ever!!! My guardian angels were looking out for me for sure. I can sleep tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think (hope) you meant assess 29 kids - but maybe you left a word out. Funny post. Your husband must be very patient!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoops!! I laughed all morning! I need you around to proof read all my posts, buddy! My husband is a smarty pants.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My wife (1st grade teacher) and I (4th grade teacher) both have 30 kids already this year. You are right, it's a lot. Your kitchen isn't that bad. I've seen worse: ours.

    ReplyDelete