Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Currently October




I'm linking up with Farley for the first time. This looked like fun...


I'm listening to my son's band (http://stag.bandcamp.com/). I'm not sure it's a good sign if your mom likes your music but it's really good!

Nothing makes me smile as much as seeing a confident 5 year old skipping to class dressed in a striped sweatshirt, polka dot tights, tutu, snow boots and a tiara. And a cape. And a pony tail coming out of the top of her head like a water spout :)

Hope springs eternal and I just won't give up on dreaming of new and silly ways to teach my kids. If a lesson bombs one day I go back even more determined the next; just like the little engine. I'm exhausted, but I think I can, I think I can.

So, you know it's a really bad sign if everyone calls you by your Mrs. name and not your first name. I'm Mrs.Welch even to the people in my exercise class. Not good. And, another sign that I'm getting old happened when one of my kinders looked at my old lady hands and started to cry. She told me I was going to die soon. I think I'm still 27 but obviously I'm wrong. Dang. I want to be young AND beautiful. Double dang. Actually, I just want to be young so I can dress like a 5 year old!

When you're old you need lots of foot rubs :)

My treat:
I don't know how much of a treat this is, but here is a picture of my pumpkin faces that we use for 5 Little Pumpkins. Easy to make with just orange tag, tissue, curly ribbon. Makes for a darling picture!

Happy fall to the young and the young at heart!


6 comments:

  1. OMG I have to be a copy cat and make those 5 lil pumpkins!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they fun! The kids love them too!

      Delete
  2. This is my first time linking up also. I am your newest follower on Bloglovin :) I love your treat!!!
    Michelle
    www.mrsscotese.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm on my way to your blog!

      Delete
  3. You ARE beautiful! The hands comment made me laugh because my hands are right there with you! :) I love your little pumpkins (well- not so little! They are wonderful!) Have a GREAT day!
    Carolyn
    Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have to post my pumpkin hat this week. It's pretty sill too. Don't you just love the things kids say!

      Delete