1. I love these witch stockings! What a great way to assess their understanding of patterning! Designing shoes was so much fun and I was a little sad that I didn't get to man that station! We had a great time looking at all the different ways they positioned their feet! I think it might be fun to add bloomers with a bulletin board title of "Witches Britches."
2. Spider fun! The kids watercolored with blues, purples and pinks. The next day we drew webs and let them pick out glitter. I punched circles out and they made a spider with little jewels. I have to say that I don't like the "sameness" of this project. Last year, we each drew our own spiders so that they were all unique. I like that much better! I saw this spider on pinterest last year and loved it.
This silly glitter tray came in handy! I found it at a crafts store last summer and never thought I'd ever really use it. Doesn't matter what I do though, I still get covered in glitter and look magical ALL DAY!
4. Not a great picture of a raffle box that my class made for our Fall Festival. It's an art box and I wish I could have it! I had to show the watercolor tray. Cheaper than the watercolor trays that we all buy and it has lots more colors. You can't see them, but the selection of fine tip markers made me swoon. Funny what will make me happy! The box comes with an easel, smock and a beret! Be still, my heart!
5. Here's a little Halloween poem :
What will I be for Halloween?
A pumpkin, a princess, a cowboy, a queen?
What will I be for Halloween?
A witch, a wizard, a Ninja, a tree?
I just don’t know what I should be.
A lion that roars or a bird that tweets,
I want to be something that gets lots of treats.
A pirate, a prince, a monster, a mouse,
Or maybe a ghost from an old haunted house.
Should I be creepy or should I be scary?
Should I be a spider, or an alien, or a beautiful fairy?
I could be a doctor or a dragon, or a race-car driver.
I could be a fireman or a snowman or a deep-sea diver.
I could be Elvis or Elmo or Bambi or Belle
I could be Nemo or Nala or I could be Ariel.
It is so hard to decide what I want to be,
I’m glad that the rest of the year I get to be me.
( I always offer an alternate ending. Not sure any my kids would ever want to dress like me, and I don't think I'm prettier than a princess, but it rhymed!)
There are so many costumes in which I could be dressed
But it must be special, it must be the best.
I know it, I’ve got it, I figured it out.
This is the best Halloween costume without a doubt.
Prettier than a princess and more creative than a creature,
I’m going to be my Kindergarten teacher!
6. AN EXTRA! I'm tired because my aprons are done and I can't sleep! I'm so excited! Woot woot! Everything is almost ready and falling into place. They should be in my TPT store shortly and I'll be posting about them as soon as they arrive! I've had so much fun trying to be creative with the packaging and may be more excited about the tag that goes with it than the aprons. :) I need to sleep!!!