Thursday, October 17, 2013

Five for Friday

I'm joining in on another Five for Friday. Thank you Doodle Bugs for hosting! I'm so tired that I'm not sure I can string even two sentences together. Here goes... Forgive me if this doesn't make sense!

!fiveforfriday2_thumb[3]

1. I love these witch stockings! What a great way to assess their understanding of patterning! Designing shoes was so much fun and I was a little sad that I didn't get to man that station! We had a great time looking at all the different ways they positioned their feet! I think it might be fun to add bloomers with a bulletin board title of "Witches Britches."



2. Spider fun! The kids watercolored with blues, purples and pinks. The next day we drew webs and let them pick out glitter. I punched circles out and they made a spider with little jewels. I have to say that I don't like the "sameness" of this project. Last year, we each drew our own spiders so that they were all unique. I like that much better! I saw this spider on pinterest last year and loved it.
This silly glitter tray came in handy! I found it at a crafts store last summer and never thought I'd ever really use it. Doesn't matter what I do though, I still get covered in glitter and look magical ALL DAY!
4. Not a great picture of a raffle box that my class made for our Fall Festival. It's an art box and I wish I could have it! I had to show the watercolor tray. Cheaper than the watercolor trays that we all buy and it has lots more colors. You can't see them, but the selection of fine tip markers made me swoon. Funny what will make me happy! The box comes with an easel, smock and a beret! Be still, my heart!

5. Here's a little Halloween poem :

What will I be for Halloween?


A pumpkin, a princess, a cowboy, a queen?
What will I be for Halloween?

A witch, a wizard, a Ninja, a tree?
I just don’t know what I should be.

A lion that roars or a bird that tweets,
I want to be something that gets lots of treats.

A pirate, a prince, a monster, a mouse,
Or maybe a ghost from an old haunted house.

Should I be creepy or should I be scary?
Should I be a spider, or an alien, or a beautiful fairy?

I could be a doctor or a dragon, or a race-car driver.
I could be a fireman or a snowman or a deep-sea diver.

I could be Elvis or Elmo or Bambi or Belle
I could be Nemo or Nala or I could be Ariel.

It is so hard to decide what I want to be,
I’m glad that the rest of the year I get to be me.

                       OR
( I always offer an alternate ending. Not sure any my kids would ever want to dress like me, and I don't think I'm prettier than a princess, but it rhymed!)

There are so many costumes in which I could be dressed
But it must be special, it must be the best.

I know it, I’ve got it, I figured it out.
This is the best Halloween costume without a doubt.

Prettier than a princess and more creative than a creature,
I’m going to be my Kindergarten teacher!

6. AN EXTRA! I'm tired because my aprons are done and I can't sleep! I'm so excited! Woot woot! Everything is almost ready and falling into place. They should be in my TPT store shortly and I'll be posting about them as soon as they arrive! I've had so much fun trying to be creative with the packaging and may be more excited about the tag that goes with it than the aprons.  :)  I need to sleep!!!


Happy weekend!




19 comments:

  1. Cute poem! Hope all is well and you have a fabulous weekend <3
    Elizabeth
    Kickin' it in Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elizabeth!! Thank you for visiting! I loved your post and laughed at your foot spray story! I need a quiet weekend!

      Delete
  2. So cute! I love your spiders! Thanks for sharing all your goodies!
    Laura ~ First Grade Spies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for visiting and commenting!

      Delete
  3. Oh I love those spider webs and witch stockings! AND your poem! So clever. I cannot WAIT for more info on those aprons!!! :)
    Carolyn
    Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can hardly wait to post about the aprons. I haven't quite gotten everything ready yet. But soon! Thanks for all your sweet encouragement!

      Delete
  4. Hi Sandy, I found your blog! It looks great. Thanks for visiting mine today. Can't wait to learn more about you each week.
    Stephanie from Principal Principles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you stopped by! Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  5. Hi Sandy,

    I popped over to visit you from the linky and am your newest follower. I love that spider artwork! I'm really looking forward to reading more of your posts. :)

    Lauren
    Love, Laughter and Learning in Prep!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed reading your post too! So happy to find you!

      Delete
  6. I copied your poem so that I could share it with my students! I'm sure my kids have been as excited about Halloween as yours :)

    Elizabeth
    Seconds at the Beach

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been holding Halloween at bay, bringing out the sillies a little at a time. It's time to break out the fun! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  7. Very cute poem! Great spider webs too! Thanks for stopping by..glad I found your blog!

    Nicki
    Mrs. Thigpen's Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Whoops! I keep messing up! I love your blog! Thanks for visiting1

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! I saw your blog on Teachers Blog Addict. I am having a giveaway on my blog. Come and check it out!

    Alyse
    Keep Calm and Apple On

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never heard of Teachers Blog Addict! Where was I ? I haven't submitted my blog. I hope you check back and let me know! How exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sandy! I sent you an email...but it bounced back so I decided to send you my message via your blog! Hope that is ok!! Totally remember you from Vegas! :) Hope you are doing well! I don't know if you saw my older blog post on how I use kidblog.org....but yes, I do use these Smilebox videos every week for my parents. Would you like to know more about how I use kidblog.org and post the videos there....or do you just want to know more about smilebox? :) Feel free to go to www.kidblog.org/mrsehleskindergartenclass and login on the drop down menu as "guest" and type in the password "guest" to see all of my blog posts from this year. This will give you a better idea how I use them. I also email the video slideshows to our school marketing director and she uses them on our school facebook page sometimes too. I LOVE Smilebox because you have TOTAL control of the privacy settings of the videos you make. You can choose to lock out or approved facebook postings, comments, picture printing, video saving and etc. It's the best. It is free for the basic package....or you can may a nominal fee for the upgraded access. Check out my kidblog.org page at the address above and email me back to let me know what you have more questions on!

    Blessings!! Holly

    ReplyDelete