Thursday, October 10, 2013

Five Words for Friday

Happy Friday!! Thank you sweet Doodle Bugs for hosting the Five for Friday linky party!fiveforfriday2_thumb[3]
I'm doing my usual Five Words for Friday with a little extra here and there.

We've been busy this week. These bulletin board pictures crack me up. Look how full they are when you have 28 kids. Yikes!

1. Way to stretch a bulletin board (I've had the background up since the beginning of school! They made the leaves with liquid watercolors and the pumpkin color was made by mixing red and yellow tempera- they had a blast). 


2. Finally got to science!

Rotten picture from my phone.

Spider soon to be added.
3. DeeDee Wills' Daily Math Journals.
4. Labeling with beginning sounds (DeeDee Wills and Deanna Jump's Writing Through the Year)
Dee Wills anchor charts/labeling.
5. TLC's E is for elephant
6. (extra!)"I love you" in kinderese (I'm impressed with the period on the end).
 My heart is heavy because it is time to have the talk about lockdowns. The very fact that this has to be a part of their young lives is so incredibly tragic. If you have a gentle way of explaining this to a 5 year old please, oh please, tell me. How do I keep them safe and not frighten them? How do I keep that fragile innocence in tact? My wish is that we all stay safe this year and for always.
Make wishes

6 comments:

  1. Oh Sandy- those little scientists MADE my day! That hair and mesmerizing swirl on the lab coat of that little middle one was awesome! And then the last one... TOO PRECIOUS! LOVE those pumpkin expressions, too! And your kids are doing so great with their writing! HOW do you do it with 28?! That is amazing. :( I know what you mean about lockdowns. We don't even practice them in our school. Our Principal says if we ever hear there is one, it is the real thing. I sort of thing we should just practice, though- to think it through. Have a GREAT weekend!
    Carolyn
    Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't those scientists fun! I just read your post and your kinders are doing really well with their writing. I'm going to try your treasure box next week! Thank you!!

      Delete
  2. Love the scientists! So cute. Will you continue to add things to the scientists?
    Fabulous Fifth Grade Fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't even thought about adding more things as we go along! What a great idea and another way to stretch a bulletin board use out! Thank you so much for is visiting!

      Delete
  3. I found your blog from the Five for Friday linky and I'm so glad! I'm your newest follower. I love all your cute art projects! Question: for the pumpkins and the scientists {and this week's witches} do you have everything pre-cut?? After teaching Ks for 12 years I know they tend to cut small...
    Thanks so much for sharing!!
    ~ Kristin
    This Old Art Room

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kristin! I'm tickled you stopped by and like our art projects. I think I'll post about the pumpkins but I want to encourage you to check out Deep Space Sparkle and Painted Paper. They are my favorite art sites and my go-to for ideas for art. Deep Space Sparkle just posted a similar art project for pumpkins that is wonderful. Follow my art board on Pinterest or look on your own. I could spend hours on their sites! And yes, I cut out a lot of the pieces but I like it better when they do their own. I'm so happy to met you!

      Delete