Friday, November 8, 2013

Five for Friday

I am doing a happy dance for a three day weekend! I'm needing naps, long walks and a good book.
I couldn't get to my once a week linky party until now.  There's so much to do at this time of year!  I'm pooped and back to my five words for Friday challenge...

Thanks as always to Doodle Bugs for hosting!

fiveforfriday2_thumb[3]

1. Loving the labeling in journals:

                                           Wow! He's on his way!
Pages to help sentence structure.

2.
Our art projects this week:
These two had sweet faces.
Teaching plaid painting-need prayers.
Gotta love the fu-fu bows
It was also "at" week!
Ha ha! Where's the turkey?
(first grade project)
A cute sidewalk project:
(check out the long vowels to spell Moby!)
3.
Neat squash plant from friend:
Our gross Pumpkin Jack project:
( on other side of fence)

4.
Subitizing game: 
Guess number, keep card, win!
5.
Everyday Box of must-do's:
I have to end with a classic kindergarten story. You know the kind I'm talking about, the story you use at kindergarten graduation but leave out the names to protect the innocent. :)

One of my more rascally kiddos (but hilarious and makes my day, truly) was having a tornado-spinning sort of day. I swear my eyes couldn't track his movements fast enough. Finally, he stopped long enough to ask me if I was calling his mom because of the wild behavior. I asked him what he thought I should do and couldn't wait to hear what he'd say. Well, I didn't get the answer I thought was coming, but it was waaaaaaay better!

Say these sentences as fast as you possibly can... "Well,  Mrs. Welchie, I just want you to know that my mom and dad don't answer the phone when you call. They're home but they just let the answering machine go because they don't want to talk with you about the behavior I might be having. By the way, someone brought over cupcakes and I ate them all. That might be why I'm a wing-ding sort of guy today!"

Isn't that the BEST? We've been giggling for days!
He's a great kid. It's time to call home with good news!

Have a wonderful three day weekend. Here's two of our little veterans. We love our servicemen and women!
Here comes Thanksgiving! Bulletin board in-progress!

I love every comment! 

3 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Gosh! I want to send you cupcakes to feed him just to hear his next comments!!! I loved this! I miss you! Enjoy the long weekend.
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for visiting, my friend. Yes, my little firecracker is hilarious and he keeps us laughing every single day. i miss him when he's not at school. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of your projects! They are super cute. I am going to have to make a subtilizing game for my kiddos!
    Mrs. Spriggs’ Kindergarten Pond

    ReplyDelete