Friday, November 1, 2013

Happy Five!


Happy Five for Friday!

Thanks again to Doodles Bugs for hosting. It's the day after Halloween and I'm so grateful for a professional development day today. I'd like to personally thank whomever decided to schedule our calendar this way. They earned kisses in Heaven for sure!!

fiveforfriday2_thumb[3]
Storybook Dress up day costume - Fern! (Charlotte's Web)  Bonus!-An excuse to wear jeans at school, lol!I decided to be Fern from Charlotte's Web for Halloween. Look how cute this picture is... We just finished our spider unit and we're currently watching the movie. How perfect, I thought. I own all the clothes already and I even have a cute stuffed pig! The kids will totally get it. I felt sure. 

NOT. It was a total bomb. Not one person "got" it.  One kid explained to me that Fern is a little kid, not an old grown up. I may have scarred some kids for life. They'll never look at Fern the same way. Oh dear. 

I guess I'll have to go back to being the Tooth Fairy. It's tough finding a prom dress with sleeves (I am 55 years old, after all) and I hate walking around in high heels (I do adore the tiara, however).  Usually, their idea of the Tooth Fairy is a beautiful princess. I'm more in the grandmother league now a days...

Here are some pictures from our Halloween:

1. Pumpkin sequencing project:

This project started off with stuffed sequence items and then I got real. There was NO way I was going to make 28 of each of these. HA! What was I thinking?

Much easier!
Our pumpkin patch with sequence strings inside of the pumpkins.

2. Halloween Stations:
Paying for cookie decorations. This is an old Math Their Way activity.













We painted our scarecrows.

My TA will quit if I ever make slime again!
A cute Halloween sight word reader from Once Upon a Classroom. So cute!
3. Decorating our tables:


4. A pumpkin surprise from my buddy Carolyn from Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together. If you haven't read this post, it's a MUST( She's one of my favorite bloggers. Not only does she have great ideas and thorough posts, she has a fun sense of humor. Go and enjoy her blog, you'll love it too)! The kids were so excited that they were clapping and jumping up and down!! Thank you so much for making their day even more special, Carolyn!
5. Here's our apple-in-a-bowl project:

Here are two of my more meticulous artists:

Oh dear... I looked even worse than this little guy.
I love them!

Have a great weekend recovering from Halloween. Onward to Veterans Day, Thanksgiving, report cards and the Winter Program. :)

Forget-me not (corny, I know but I had to use this picture)! I love your comments!

3 comments:

  1. Sandy, I read your post at school and was smiling the entire day! I couldn't comment for some reason ( probably cause I should have been working... haha- no- it was lunchtime so there) ANYWAY- you MADE my day! I am so thrilled that the kids were excited with the pumpkin. Now- you made a perfect Fern! PERFECT! I love your sequencing pumpkins, too. So adorable. What a great idea. Your apple project was fabulous. And- I love those forget-me-nots. My favorites! Happy Weekend!! :)Thank you again!
    Carolyn
    Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Carolyn! I have to email you the pictures of the kids and the looks on their little faces! Hilarious! Thank you so much! I'm doing this activity every year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love the apple in a bowl project. They turned out beautiful!!!
    Mrs.Spriggs’KindergartenPond

    ReplyDelete