Friday, December 6, 2013

Five for Friday

fiveforfriday2_thumb[3]


Hello Five for Friday!! We're bracing for a California snowstorm and we're all a twitter!!! My kids were wild today! We live at about 3000 feet and this is our first big storm. My boys, who went to colleges where snow is a winter constant, laugh at the people in our town-we put chains on if there's an inch of snow on the ground!

Thanks to Doodle Bugs for hosting!!

My buddy, Carolyn from Holding Hands and Sticking Together, told me about a fun site to go to for fonts and borders and I have been having sooooo much fun playing. Ha! She is such a good friend and, if nothing else, I know this post will give her a good chuckle. She's created a monster!!

1. MY APRONS HAVE ARRIVED!! This package was waiting for me on my porch today. I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am! I bet my neighbors thought I looked a little odd doing my happy dance all over the porch! Woot woot! I'll be posting about them later this week.
We needed some new bulletin boards for the holidays so...
Rudolph made an appearance! This idea came from Pinterest.
                Finished bulletin board.
I found this idea here. I had the kids paint paper and I cut out hearts. The other bulletin board had the kids faces turned into Rudolph with red noses and antlers. By the way, they're not all up yet. I have 28 kids. Whew! No complaints-I spoke to someone who has 36 first graders!!!!

I had to show you my mistake! I didn't take out my Santa until I had already put up "It's Beginning..." He's heading the wrong way. Too funny and a typical Mrs. Welchie blunder! Ha! I wasn't taking down the letters. No Way!!

Dancing Santas came from a Mrs. Picasso. Sooo much fun and super easy.

3. Our Holiday program is very similar to this YouTube Video. Our parents love it and we always get a standing ovation. While I'm tickled they like it, I have to tell you it gives me nightmares. 17 boys break dancing on stage is worrisome to say the least! I sweat just thinking about it...
Here's a picture of their felt vests. I don't sew...They also wear black jeans and a sash around their waist. It's something, I'm telling ya.

The girls do an adorable rendition of the Sugar Plum Fairy Dance. Here's a picture of their tutus. We had a mom sew the tutus and I glue gunned ( :)) on embellishments.
Kindergarten fashion sense. Love those pink snow boots!

4. I'm having so much success with my base ten cards. Kids are catching on. We have the Special person of the day put the cards in order every morning.

5. It was my birthday this week and the secretaries gave me my own tiara to wear. I wore it all day, even at home!


I hope your week went well and you're enjoying your holiday celebrations.
This pin always makes me laugh:
'Dear Santa' Box Sign
Have a great weekend! I love your comments!

3 comments:

  1. How did I miss this?! I always love your Five for Friday- and you mentioned me! :) It made my day! By the way... you are already a PRO with your pictures! Isn't it fun?!?! :) I cannot believe all that you do in your classroom- especially with so many. Whenever I am tempted to complain one teeny little bit, I think of you with 28 kids! Those costumes are precious! And those bulletin boards are awesome!
    Carolyn
    Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, I love that Picmonkey site! What fun! You're the best . Thanks for all your help!

      Delete
  2. Love love love the tree with hearts & can't wait for you to open that box!!! (PS.. email me.. I tried to find you and can't find you!)

    ReplyDelete