Thursday, January 2, 2014

The Very Best Kids Activities of 2013

This just looked like too much fun! I posted a Valentine poem that I used last year with a cute activity and book I found online.

The other book that I found this summer is called "The Giant Hug" written by Sandra Horning and Illustrated by Valerie Gorbachev.  I'm pretty sure that many of you have already seen it. Oh my gosh! It is just about the cutest story ever! It's about a little pig who wants to send his grandma a hug in the mail-a REAL hug. The story is very entertaining and I love the surprise ending.  Too cute!




After I found the book, up pops the perfect valentine activity to go along with it from www.thepartyevent.com. I saw their sweet idea on Pinterest and got right to work on a sample (if you haven't visited their blog, you need to!). Just measure your child's wingspan in ribbon, cut out their hand prints and decorate with hearts! It was super easy. Their little message that went with it was very cute but I decided to write a poem. Feel free to use it for your own long distance hug project! Happy Valentine's Day!

I can't wait to read all the other ideas! What a great resource!



4 comments:

  1. Thank you yet again for such sweet ideas! You and Carolyn are my one-stop-idea-factories!
    : )
    Susanna
    Whimsy Workshop Teaching

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I feel the same about you!!! Hope all is well.

      Delete
  2. OOOOOOOH I LOVE that book and idea! You are just amazing. <3
    Carolyn
    Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together

    ReplyDelete