Friday, February 21, 2014

Five for Friday

It's time for my favorite linky party! Thank you Doodle bugs for hosting!

I've been under the weather for days and have a pitiful week of pictures. Here's some silly for you!



Our 100th Day of School celebration was on Wednesday. This was the look I had when one of my people said, "Mrs. Welch, you're lucky. You don't even have to dress up. You can come just the way you are. Maybe put on a clean apron, ok?"
Crested Auklet

The old lady is me. I can't believe I'm posting this. I had no idea wigs were so hot!  I do want you to know that's not my usual figure. If my husband sees this glimpse into the future, he'll be leaving now rather than later. Some kids cried when they saw me and their moms had to convince them to stay! What's that say? Not a good look for me...
We do all the same activities as everyone else. My 100 year old people are a little different though.
I prep the wrinkled paper bag face dress/shirt and lace collar ahead of time.
The kids use lima beans for the lips and black eyed peas for the eyes.
Here are a few:
This is a response that I've never gotten before!
So precious, every single one!
Here are last year's portraits.
I was exhausted at the end of the day and felt like I was 100 years old. Happy to retire the hair net until next year.
I put my Lucky Goes Looking positional word book up for free in my TPT store. Then I made one to show you and found some mistakes!! So, you are being forewarned, people!

Mistake #1. Put Lucky on a short ice cream spoon. Tongue depressors are too long.
Mistake #2: Run all the pages off on white paper (not colored like suggested) and let the kids color with the sides of peeled crayons.




I hope someone can use this!
Sorry about the boo-boos. It was my first product.

It's time to put up my Spring is Coming bulletin board.

We usually make daffodils but I saw this pin and thought it might be fun to try these instead.


They're made with cupcake liners. Easy peasy!

Just remember to turn them inside out!
I'd like to try this, too.


I'm reporting back on these glue tops that I purchased last fall but was afraid to try until this week!
Seriously, look at the picture of this little guy. Does the expression on his face convince you that all your glue problems are going to be solved? Scared me silly.
Well, guess what? They're great ! Loved using them on the 100 year old people this week.
I would recommend them for the kids. Not for adults, obviously. We have glue bottle control....

We did a directed art activity about horses and then they added their own touches. They just make me smile.


 Happy weekend, everyone!



I'll end with this sweet quote!


I love your comments!
Someone, please follow me!
.

7 comments:

  1. Your 100 year portraits are seriously the cutest! I'm saving this post for next year! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They are lots of fun to make with the kids but time consuming. The results are sweet and a real keepsake for their parents.

      Delete
  2. I just LOVE your Five for Friday posts. They always make me happy- and I can't wait to read them. I LOVE your 100 year old people. I'd love to meet the Barbeque guy! I can't wait to get Lucky Goes Looking. AND... you look great for 100! XO
    Carolyn
    What do you think is going on that I can't reply to anyone's comments anymore from my blog OR on my email? UGH. It is so me.... Miss Technology.
    Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you make me laugh that you're asking Miss-can't-figure-out-how-to-do-anything-on-the-computer girl! Ha! Remember, I had to call my son to ask how to answer my smart phone! When in doubt, I ask you or my twenty somethings!!! I'll ask my husband but he's watching sports and is in a catatonic state!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH!! those 100's day portraits are the cutest and best I've ever seen! The lips! haha! So precious.

    Susanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Susanna! Aren't those faces funny?! Who'd have thought beans would be the perfect touch? Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sandy, I've nominated you for the Liebster Award! Head on over to The Sassy School Teacher to learn more about it!

    ReplyDelete