Monday, February 10, 2014

Monday Made It! Candy Heart Necklace

Oh goody! I love to make things for my kids and haven't had a chance to link up with the Monday Made It in quite a while! Thank you Fourth Grade Frolics for hosting!

I've been prepping all weekend for Valentine's Day. Here's what my kitchen island looks like. It's a whole lot of kinder love:
My most used item!


Some of the things I'm working on:


I've been making this parent valentine for over 20 years. Somewhere along the line, I found this poem.  I don't know who wrote the poem but would love to give proper credit. If anyone knows the author, let me know!



I showed a little candy hearts valentine necklace on my Five for Friday post. It's pretty obvious how to make it but I have a few tips that you don't generally do until you've flubbed it up a few times.

I've flubbed it up. More than once.



The glue gun step is my sister's idea and I think it's super smart. You just have to move quickly before the glue dries. It totally eliminates candy falling out and having to tighten or correct lacing!
I like to use a wider satin ribbon rather than yarn ; it unravels unless you roll a piece of tape on the end. Labor intensive if you have a big class.


There you go, folks!! I'm off to look at all the other good ideas!

I love your comments!
Please follow me!

6 comments:

  1. I sure do miss teaching Kindergarten when I see such cute ideas like this! LOVE the owl bag and the love bug hat! So sweet!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so luck! Kindergarten art is the best and I get to be a kid again, too!

      Delete
  2. What sweet ideas! It really makes me miss being with little kinders! I'm obsessed with that adorable owl bag!
    Erin
    Short and Sassy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much. Kindergarten is a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandy, I want to be right there in your kitchen making these things with you. They are all SO precious and will be treasured! Thank you for sharing these!
    Carolyn
    Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be so much fun! I hope my little pals like them! Have a great week!

      Delete