Monday, March 24, 2014

My Own Monday Made It Or Tuesday Tried It!

I'm on spring break this week and the weather where I live is beautiful. I've been out in my garden weeding, but it's overwhelming. Here's a picture of what I'm talking about!

 So, I came indoors to play!

We all know the saying, "It takes a village to raise a child." This year I have 28 kinders and I depend on parents, friends, and school volunteers to help me make school the best possible experience. This year I have some of the most wonderful people helping me out. Several of them are former students of mine who now have little ones in my classroom. Others are retired teachers with 3o years of primary teaching experience behind them. Anywho, they're all dependable ( I just about sit down and cry when they tell me they can't make it) and loving individuals.

So, I thought I'd get going on their thank you gifts (I know it's early, but that weedy garden makes me want to just about anything else!  I truly love these people, so this was way more fun). As the end of school approaches, I'm so swamped with things that I try to get done, my volunteers get the short end of the stick. Not this year!!

Pinterest was filled with great inspiration, as usual! These ideas came from the DIY section. Here's what I ended up with:




 Maria helped me sew some of the aprons I'm about to put up for sale on TPT. I thought this would be perfect for her.





Can you tell I love this font?





Now to put them away somewhere that I won't forget! Ha!

Then, as I was spending way too much time looking on Pinterest, I found the BEST idea ever!!

I make the kid's hands out of clay for Mother's Day.

Here are some flowers bright and bold,
Held by the hand you love to hold.
Someday the flowers will disappear,
But this little hand will always be near.
 I've have been sending them home in the DORKIEST little purse I dreamt up. But look what I found!!! I'm so excited to do this with my kids this year! The little purse is from Unique Papercrafting Graphics 45.

The directions were easy to follow.
Love it!


Woot woot!

The things I get excited about...

I'm headed back outside! I hope there was something that might help someone!

I enjoy your comments!

4 comments:

  1. Oh I am so jealous of your time off! Our spring break isn't until mid April!!! I love your thank you notes and your font! Happy Spring Break!
    Mrs. Spriggs’ Kindergarten Pond

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really sad that our break isn't at easter time! I'll be jealous of you in a few weeks! the font is fun, isn't it? It's from Pinterest, along with all the other ideas! Thank you so very much for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your spring break!! I still have over 2 weeks! :(

    Kristin
    My Carolina Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandy you are SO CLEVER. You should be selling your artwork! Really! Let those weeds grow and keep making those beautiful creations! :)
    Carolyn
    Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together

    ReplyDelete