Friday, April 11, 2014

Five for Friday


Sheep leaping. Happy baby!
Woot woot! It's Friday!
I don't know why I'm so excited.
It's the weekend before all the kindergarten Easter hoopla and
I've got tons of things to prep.
This is more artsy than academic.
Here's my week and some of what's to come...
Happy Five for Friday!

Dang.
I have so much filing to do. 
Some big kids came in to help, but only lasted about 30 minutes and 5 chocolate kisses
(This is a great art portfolio, by the way. I posted it about it here. It's not mine and I wish I could remember where I got it so I could give the rightful owner credit).


Instead of filing, I invited a small group of kinder kids to try this project I saw on Pinterest from My Flower Journal. Friday is the perfect day to this.
How To Paint Simple Watercolor Roses
How To Paint Simple Watercolor Roses


On Fridays, we have "Indoor /Outdoor" time. It's 40 minutes of free, unstructured time for the kids (they should be doing this EVERY day, in my opinion). They can choose to play outside or get every single toy that I own from the cabinets and play inside. It's a great time to observe all sorts of social skills. I've tried to assess during this time, but it's not easy to pay attention to your teacher when someone is about to take down the castle that you spent the entire time building or a friend is putting on the tutu that you've been waiting to wear for weeks and it doesn't even match her shirt, don't you know... So,

I pull out art materials and they can play with them on their own. Or, if I have a project I'm not sure will work, I'll invite a few people over to try it out.

That's what I did with this and I'm so happy I did.

 It was so much fun that they wouldn't stop. Seriously. And then a gaggle of 2nd grade girls came in and they worked on some too. I tell you, there was paint flying everywhere! They were having a blast.
And then the bell rang.
All the big girls (professional cleaners compared to kinders) left me.

High and dry.

Hours later, I sat down and admired their work.
I think these are pretty terrific! 



Aren't they beautiful?
Little kids amaze me.



We learned about the states of matter this week.
 I have 28 kids this year and many of my friends have 30 or more.
Look at all those papers!
I'm so tired.

We ended our quick unit making a liquid turn into a solid. 



Spring birdies

Easter Eggs!
And a really hokey nest
( and by the way, notice what time I was at work that day!!! I'm a morning person. And it's sooooo quiet)!



Last week I told you that I wore different shoes to school.
By accident.
I didn't tell the kids that though
They thought it was so silly
And fun.
And, I had a peculiar limp all day.
This little one wanted to wear different shoes but only got to the socks!



I'm off to get bunny noses and ears prepped.
Then Easter bonnets. And the dreaded Easter Bunny costume.


Happy weekend, everyone.
.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your Five for Friday posts! Your post are fun and inspiring! I've nominated your blog for the Liebster Award! You can check out the details at my blog: http://rvclassroom.blogspot.com/2014/04/liebster-award-nominee.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy- How did I miss this post?!?!?!? I LOVE it. I love those roses. They could really be framed! I always love all of your projects. Amazing. HAPPY EASTER!
    Carolyn
    Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together

    ReplyDelete