Friday, May 9, 2014

Frazzled for Friday!

Happy Five for Friday! Thank you Doodle Bugs for hosting every week!


This is going to be another speedy quick post. And not very impressive...I've had a busy, busy week but now I have to go and get ready for an even busier weekend!

I'm a little frazzled!
Chicken.
Cowboy Day.
I survived and the kids had a blast.
There were a few cowpokes who belonged in the pokey, I tell ya!
Sheriff Welch was busy.
 
Here are some pictures from the day.
(I don't have pictures of the kids to show because I feel uncomfortable posting them without parental permission. I wish I could show you; they all dressed up and looked pretty darn tootin' cute). I love their wanted posters!
We had four stations;
*roping with the rodeo queens
*gold digging and gold panning
*barrel racing with the stick horses and face painting
*watermelon seed spitting ( my personal favorite). Think how proud a parent would be!  :)
*cactus making 
We ended the day with a BBQ, and singing around the campfire with our chair horses.
We had world class barrel racers come and visit, along with our rodeo queens.
What a busy week!
Here's our campfire. We sang songs and had s'mores. 
 Gotta have guitars!
 Sunset cutting disaster...
 Chair horses prepped and ready for kids to add reins and eyes.
 200 gold sprayed rocks for our gold mining station!
 Playdough and spaghetti for making a cactus.
 One of the kids took this picture. Those are coffee grounds on my face. It smells wonderful but takes days for the stain to come off of my skin. I have my son's graduation this weekend. Not exactly a good look for mom.
 Here I am with my TA by the campfire.
I'm pretty sure she thinks I'm nuts!
I can't believe I got into my chaps.
Too many s'mores!
I need a year to recover.
:)



Mother's Day!
Here are our hands, ready to go!

 Our time was crunched because of Cowboy Day and we had to settle
for this simple bag instead of the cutsie purse.

Look at the little note that was left for me.
Anywho, Isn't this cute? 
Look at the capital, spelling and the ing!
Be still my heart!

Yes, summer is coming up!


I mentioned that we had the rodeo queens visit. My kids have a really tough time asking questions instead of telling stories. Really long stories.
So, to prepare them for the queen talk, we learned about and practiced asking questions all week. 
This Question Song from Teeny Tiny Teacher did the trick.
Go and check her post out!
They totally get it now.
The game Headbands helped, too!


I saved the best for last.
It's Mother's Day Weekend.
My biggest wish in life was to get to be a mom.
I loved those babies long before I ever met them.
I was far from a perfect parent and made mistakes,
but I want my boys to know that every decision was so carefully thought out. 
Painstakingly sometimes.
And I wouldn't trade any of it.
They are truly the best part of my life.
They are grown now and I miss the sound of their feet on the hardwood floor, 
the laughter, 
and all the chatter.
They are the loves of my life.
I am so blessed.
Happy Mother's Day to all of you.

And just to make my Mother's Day even more wonderful, my oldest son graduates from law school this weekend.
He's always been far more mature than either of his parents
and could out-argue me at a very early age.
Here he is practicing his social skills at 4 years of age
with one of our friends.
Gotta love the cup of tea.
I've always adored this picture.

Congratulations to my sweet boy!

I hope you all have a great weekend!
I know I will!
I get to see both my boys!!
Yipee!

11 comments:

  1. Oh Sandy - you always put so much time, energy and thoughtfulness into things you do with your kiddos! They are so lucky to have you!
    Your apron is still going strong in my classroom!
    Susanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so good to hear from you! I've been trying not to pester you about the apron but I'm so thrilled it is working for you and the kids! You made my day, Susanne! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandy, CONGRATULATIONS on the graduation! Have a wonderful time! I hope your beard comes off! (OK- who even says that except Kindergarten teachers?!) I always love your pictures in the posts. Your classroom just has so much love and care in it- and I'm sure your home does, too. I am so glad summer is coming up! :)
    Carolyn
    Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. I LOVE you cowboy activities!!!! I am now on the hunt of which unit I can fit these in!!!
    Mrs. Spriggs’ Kindergarten Pond

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melissa! I have been doing Cowboy Day for about 15 years. We have lots of local history surrounding our rodeo and cowboys. We are also in the Gold Country of California and live in an area once heavily mined and rich not only in gold but historical facts and stories. We felt like the kids should learn about it all and have lots of fun doing so. I'm tuckered out and happy for a weekend!

      Delete
  5. Sandy,
    I hope that one day I am half the teacher you are. You put so much passion into what you do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are going to be amazing, I just know it!

      Delete
  6. What a fun post! I love your Cowboy Day! Did you happen to take a picture of your chair horses in action? I'd love to see them on the chairs. :-)
    Linda
    KinderDoodles

    ReplyDelete