Sunday, July 13, 2014

Grateful


I'm linking up with Burst of First for her Las Vegas Linky.
I hope it's not too late!


OMG!
Mammals

I'm not sure that hip, "with it" people use that term anymore, but I just can't find the right words to describe my week in Vegas. 
Nothing short of a miracle.
Seriously.
I'm still overwhelmed.

Buffy fish-Owl
I didn't sleep all week. I was awake every night with this look on my face.
I loved all the wonderful presentations and have so many new ideas to implement in my classroom. 
The presenters were incredible. Amazingly talented. And, as I found out, very considerate and approachable people.

But it's what happened in between sessions that I still can't believe!
I took a huge risk and got a booth for my apron at the I Teach K conference.
I've had so many setbacks and disappointments. I was ready to give up until it occurred to me that my sons were watching. What was I teaching them?
They've watched me work very hard at a job I love with my whole heart.
Teaching.


work hard + be kind.
I kept dragging my feet.
No confidence about the apron.

When my oldest son was finally tired of listening to me whine he said,
"Buck up, Welch. Own it."
I stopped, bucked up, and owned it.
Scariest moment EVER!

My family is my miracle thanks to my mom dad and Ashley for helping me through this time in my life. I love you all very much!
I had sent my apron to some well respected teachers to try out in their classrooms. I wanted to know if they thought it was helpful and something the kids would enjoy. I've been wearing the apron for over two years every day and it has worked well for me.

Well, guess what!!!!!!!
Several of the presenters wore or mentioned my aprons during their sessions and changed my life.
Truly.

So true...

How can I possibly thank them? Do they have any idea?


Inspirational quote Literary Quote Love Quote  8 x by quoteaddict

Anywho...
The rush that ensued was beyond anything I could have imagined. We were blown away. We never in a million years expected to sell out of aprons. NEVER! (I loved talking with all of the teachers who came by. You are all an inspiration.
Teachers are the BEST! Your love for our little ones was very apparent).
It was something, I tell 'ya!
I no longer have a first name.
Everywhere I went, I was called the Apron Lady!
HA!

On summer mornings, I sit on my wrap around porch with a cup of coffee before the rest of the world wakes up. It's cool and quiet, very peaceful.
As I sat there this morning, all I could think about was how grateful I am.
Not only for the kindness showered upon me by the presenters (guardian angels), but to all of you who came by and wished me well and were genuinely excited for me. I'm grateful for all the people who helped me along the way when I was ready to give up (sorry Megan for all the tears).
For my little family and dear friends who wanted desperately to see me step out of my safe little cocoon and do something for myself.
I feel loved and blessed.

:-*

If you were at the conference and you saw what was happening to me, you know what I'm talking about. It was crazy!

Thank goodness it's summer because once school starts, it's all about my babies!
My feet will hit the ground running tomorrow! I'll spend the rest of the summer working on the aprons.

If you bought an apron, I sincerely hope you and your kids love it. If you have problems, I want to know. If you preordered, give us up to a month for the black floral and the blue aprons will shipped out this week. I won't rest until you have your apron in your hands!

The basic CVC cards are free in my TPT store (Kinder-gardening) and all the other cards are on sale until July 21st! Warm up those laminators!
Even if you never buy an apron, the cards are great to put in your standing pocket chart for the kids to use during journal or reading time.

Give me some time to get new colors up and running. I hope to have it organized before school starts. I do have prototypes for children and a utility type half apron in the works too (I made one two years ago but no one was interested). Be patient and rest assured I'm trying my hardest!

Please leave a comment.

10 thank you #quotes for today and every day

See 'ya!


26 comments:

  1. Congratulations. That is quite a forum to "put yourself out there" in. I'm glad you had a great time.
    Enjoy your week and rest up.
    Amber
    School Is a Happy Place

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rest? What's that? I wish you and A lived in my neighborhood; I'd put you both to work! :)
      This has been a very overwhelming event for me. Here we go...

      Delete
  2. So happy for you! I'm sure it was a very rewarding experience and one you will never forget. Savor the moment! Congratulations!!
    Kim from Domikiddos =)
    http://domikiddos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It made the Amazing Things That Have Happened To Me list for sure!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I'm so glad! I hope the aprons make learning fun for the kids.

      Delete
  4. The moment I saw your apron on DeeDee Wills, I fell in love!!! It was a "You had me at Hello" moment! Great job! You deserve all the success you had at the conference. I will be presenting what I learned with my team and others at my school. Your apron will be something that I share, so be ready for more orders! :) Good luck and see you in Vegas next year!
    Tracy from New York

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment made my day! Thank you so much! I'm overwhelmed!

      Delete
  5. What an experience! As I stood in my booth across the way it felt joyous to watch the droves of teachers clamoring for your aprons! I love mine and will always cherish this gift. The best part of Vegas for me was meeting you. I feel like we are old friends. I knew this was a winner but I deeply respect your courage and the risk you took. You are a mama your sons can look up to. I love who you are.
    Fran@kindergartencrayons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fran, I think you're the best! I've felt your support from the very beginning and i hope you know how much I appreciate it. I still can't believe I took the risk! I love you to pieces. Thanks for coming and sitting with me. You totally calmed my nerves and made me laugh when I needed it the most! A true friend.

      Delete
  6. Dear Sandy! I told you I'd be running up to find your booth as soon as I got to the hotel, and I'm SO glad we got to talk and hug! You know how I loved using my apron in class, and I told everyone I met to "go find the apron lady booth" so they could try it out too. I told everyone who would listen about how the apron inspired my students to "become the teacher" and that we needed a special list for who would get to use the apron each day because it was such a special treat.
    I'm inspired by your courage and dedication and I know it will all pay off in countless ways! Love you!
    Susanna
    Whimsy Workshop Teaching

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Miss Susanna! I could hardly get near you! Seriously, you had a crowd around whenever I came looking for you! I hope you'll blog about all the excitement! Next year, it's you, Carolyn and me! I LOVED getting to finally meet you! I want to talk to you about cards for that apron!

      Delete
    2. YES! I'd love to help - just send me an email. I have some ideas! xo

      Delete
  7. I was at the AMAZING I Teach K! conference too and I was dying to get to your booth! Every time I tried, it was crazy busy and then you were sold out! Can you link a post that explains how your aprons work? I would love to see! I started following your blog and would love for you to check out mine! rockymountainkinders.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you soooo much for my beautiful apron! I wore it at each of my 4 sessions and demonstrated how you can use them for math, language arts, or almost anything! Teachers were so excited to see them! And my apron even matched my dress! I plan to wear mine in my classroom and at all of my future presentations, especially in No. CA and So CA. Every teacher will want one! Thank you for making such an amazing product.
    Palma Lindsay
    Kfundamentals.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much for wearing my apron!!!!! I can't tell you how excited I was that you wanted one. And then you wore it in your sessions. WOW!!!! Your support and enthusiasm were appreciated. I thought I was going to sell 10. I also want to thank you for listening to my frustrations with TK in rural areas. You answered my questions and eased my anxiety about addressing 30 kinders and 2 TK this coming year.

      Delete
  9. I LOVED meeting you! You are just the sweetest! Fran sent me your way and I am so glad she did. Love my aprons (I bought two). Can't wait to use them next year.

    Terri Izatt
    KinderKapers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Terri! It was great meeting you and anyone that Fran sends my way must be very special. I'd love to talk with you sometime about the cards for the apron! I'm overwhelmed!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  10. I would love to buy one of your aprons. What a super idea! How can I order one? I read on your blog that you offer floral ones. I would love to use the apron with my first graders. Can you let me know how to get one?
    Thank you so much. Beth raustzoo@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beth! There will be about 15 black with floral pocket and black cross hatch ruffle up on TPT with the next two weeks, I hope! We should also have more colors by the beginning of school. We're working hard!

      Delete
  11. Sandy, i never stopped by your booth to place my order. The vendor area was a little overwhelming. I'm waiting to see what colors you will have- Still hoping for a red polka dot trim apron in black.
    ✿Tiffani
    Time 4 Kindergarten
    Time 4 Organization
    time4kindergarten@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a cute color combination! I'm working on color ideas right now and I like that one!! So happy to have met you. I love your blog! Keep an eye out for the aprons!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would love very much to see what different apron fabrics you have and how to order one. How do I go about doing that? Your aprons are great.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, my email address is dbrowers@yahoo.com
    Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE LOVE LOVE your aprons! Which ones are available at this time? I don't want to pressure you because you can hear the overwhelmed excitement in your text?

    ReplyDelete