Monday, July 28, 2014

Monday Made It!

I've been trying, without success, to find time to join a linky party. My days have been swamped.  Swamped with aprons. Here are my feeble attempts at blogging this week:
I started off with the Five for Friday Linky but I had to deliver fabric.

It's time for another Five for Friday! Thank you Doodle Bugs for hosting my favorite linky!


This week I'm trying to post 5 things other than aprons! There's an apron update at the very end so that I don't bore those who aren't interested!




I spent some time getting things cut and  laminated for my calendar. Doodle Bugs has really cute calendar numbers for free that I love. I also found some cute calendar ideas on Kindercraze. My kitchen island was finally covered in something other than fabric. I'll go in to my classroom this week and get all the paper up for the bulletin boards. There's just something about getting my calendar up that makes me feel like things are happening. I love some of the focus board ideas I've been seeing and hope to have that figured out as well.



 Every year I decorate envelopes and send a letter  to my new kinders welcoming them to kindergarten. I posted about it here last year. At last count, there were 30 kids enrolled.


This was as far as I got with the Five for Friday!

I would have finished my Five for Friday on Saturday, but I had to buy more fabric and then I fell asleep on the couch. Next, I had to do the laundry and buy some groceries.  My husband invited me out for dinner (I'm hardly cooking these days, he was desperate) and there was NO WAY I was turning that down.

So, I tried to turn my Five into a Sunday Smorgie. A little bit of this and a little bit of that sounded perfect.
Here's how far got with that...

Ok.
Let's be honest here.
 It's going to be a little bit of THIS. There will be no THAT. All I have is apron news. I know I must be boring you all to tears, but this is all I've got. I don't have any time to work in my classroom yet. Next week I'll start back and then I'll have something else to blog about!
I said that last week and look how that worked out.

I prepped all the paper tags that I put in the apron pockets. I also made new thank you tags, cut ribbon and punched holes.

I picked up the black aprons today and will be busy shipping them tomorrow. So, if you ordered a black apron at the conference, watch for the postman! They are finally on their way.

I had to drive an hour and a half to pick them up, so that put an end to the Sunday Smorgie!

So NOW, I'm trying the Monday Made It Linky!
I'm hoping this is an appropriate linky. I AM helping to make aprons, after all!


The black aprons will be posted today. The other aprons will be available in the next two weeks. I'll pick up whatever my seamstress has ready on Wednesday!

We'll have:
9 black with floral pockets.
This color was very popular(let me know in the comment section what your
opinion on color is for the next aprons!).



We also have 8 red polka dot ruffle and checked pocket.



15 blue with a floral pocket
8 blue with gray pocket
6 pink with floral pocket
15 green with gingham pocket


This is a proto type for a tutu apron. What do you think? The ruffle needs to be much fluffier, for sure!
I would love to hear from you all about colors and patterns. I'm trying a black and white chevron for Katie Knight. I'm not sure how the ruffle will work...that particular pattern makes my head spin.
 I spend hours staring at fabric and would truly appreciate some suggestions. I also think it might help to take someone who is actually fashionable with me! My friends have told me to look for a mint color fabric that's popular right now and to move away from the cutsie fabric.
Special orders would be fun, but I don't think we're quite ready for that!
Hang in there with me everyone! I'm learning this business from the bottom up.

I want to be sure to remind all of you to never put the aprons in the dryer. I lay mine flat after washing and use my hands to smooth it out. Works every time. Also, if you use pens on the plastic, be sure to clean it off that day or it will be there FOREVER! Trust me!

I need to send a shout out to my husband who has the patience of a saint. He has put up with a whole lot of pouty girl tantrums and exhaustion related behavior, if you get my drift. His home life has been turned topsy turvy by the whole apron thang.

The dinner menu has been especially pitiful; he never knows what to expect. Some nights he has to fend for himself. Most nights, I throw some roasted chicken and cheese in a tortilla and make quesadillas. I'd use the microwave but it's broken so I actually have to use a pan on that thing called an oven. HA! He complimented my extra effort the other night when I handed him the hot sauce in a jar and a whole avocado with a knife.

The laundry's not much better. Thank goodness he wears shorts, t shirts and Chacos 365 days a year
( he runs a rafting company) and has a life time supply in his closet. I also noticed that he's on the river a lot more this summer. Hmmmm. They feed him better. And the passengers and guides talk about something other than aprons...


In closing, you've got to listen to this sister duo. You've probably already seen them. I found them by accident and was so impressed.



I'm off to label envelopes and get those aprons in the mail!
Please leave a comment!


6 comments:

  1. My apron came and I LOVE it LOVE it LOVE it!!! I love how much care you take packaging it too. I can't wait to show it off and use it with my little kinderkids.

    Terri Izatt
    KinderKapers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Terri!
    I'm so happy you like your apron! I hope you use yours as much as I use mine> Thank you so very much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pink apron and the green one. Love the watermelon colors!
    Let me know when you are ready to put them on Teacher Pay Teachers and I will be ready.
    You are doing a great job.
    Thanks for the update.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOU MAKE ME HAPPY!! Maybe one day we'll catch up and blog the right linky on the right day! I completely understand. I'm talking about you on the blog {again} today!!

    Sarah
    FCS and Then Some

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok, by today, I really mean tomorrow! arg!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That tutu apron is too cute! I think I may just have to order 1...or 2
    Thanks
    Vera
    The Tutu Teacher

    ReplyDelete