Sunday, August 3, 2014

Sunday Smorgie turned into Monday Made It!

Happy Monday!

This post started as a Smorgie but changed to a Monday Made It!
This will be quick
I've got lots to do!

Actually, I couldn't find the Sunday Smorgie link up, so this might become a Monday Made It. If that doesn't work, I'll do the Tuesday Tried It! And if that doesn't happen, I could ditch the envelopes and do What I'm Wearing Wednesday! This linking up and never quite making it is becoming a bad habit...

Here goes!

My stack of envelopes is ready to send out to all my new friends
(I posted about my letter to both my parents and kids on my Five for Friday). The envelopes take a long time to color. Next year I'm adding a note on the front that asks the kids to color it themselves and bring it back for a prize. Why didn't I think of that earlier?

And then...

Here's a little something to go with the apron. Place all the letters to the word hello in the pockets, as shown. I sing this little ditty at the door as the kids are lining up for the entire first week. Be sure to point to the letters as you sing (to the tune of She'll Be Coming Around the Mountain When She Comes);

Oh, It's time to say hello to all my friends.
Oh, it's time to say hello to all my friends.
It's so nice to finally meet you,
I'm so happy I can greet you,
Oh, it's time to say hello to all my friends.
Oh, h-e-l-l-o spells hello,
Oh, h-e-l-l-o spells hello.
It's so nice to finally meet you,
I'm so happy I can greet you!
Oh, it's time to say hello to all my friends!
Hello!
I really ham it up on that last line and draaaaaaag my words out with my arms outstretched.
It makes them laugh and I guarantee they can spell hello by Friday!


That's all, folks!
I'll post more songs later!

Alpine Forget-Me-Nots (Myosotis alpestris) growing in the woods along Campbell Creek in Anchorage. Forget-Me-Nots are the Alaska state flower. ~ Dean Franklin on Flickr

2 comments:

  1. Cute little HELLO song! I received my apron last week & absolutely fell in love with it! Thank you so much!
    Learning at the Teacher Table

    ReplyDelete
  2. You colored the envelopes?! Now THAT'S dedication! Ahh. You are an inspiration to me (one of many), as a future teacher!

    The Blossoming Teacher

    ReplyDelete