Saturday, October 11, 2014

Six Words for Friday!

Happy Saturday! I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs for Six Words for Saturday. Some day I'll make it on time to Five for Friday... this post was much funnier before it got lost in computerland. I lost my sense of humor when I had to rewrite! Grrrrrrrr.
Have you ever read about this? It's sort of fun and I thought I'd use it to shorten up my otherwise wordy ways.

Though not for a memoir...
Giving six word thing a try!
c



Fall leaves in our kindergarten window.


Fire Safety Dalmation dogs. So easy!

 Pinterest example we tried to copy:


Patterning lesson with silly witches britches from Artsy!


Yikes, that's lots of  little apples!
Someone paid close attention to lesson!



Our pumpkin patch silliness mess everywhere!


#6
My Pinterest board is a giant mess.
I'm done with the six word thing.
Now...
The Teeny Tiny Teacher just did a fun post with a quiz that determines your personality type by shape. I found out I'm a squiggle and I'm not sure I feel proud about it. In a nutshell, it means I'm unorgainized. Anyway, if you visit my Pinterest page you'll see it's hopeless.
 Nothing is categorized.
 Nothing.
I like to consider it a Pinterest page for Kindergarten teachers. You know, like the original page with a gazillion ideas. Well, it's gotten so out of hand there's no way I can organize it now.

Anyway, this week is all about pumpkins and look at all the fun I found! If you're brave enough, go and look at my Pinterest Kindergarten Ideas page for more ideas!

Aren't these hanging pumpkins whimsical?
Mrs. Lowes' Kindergarten Korner: Pumpkin Investigation

How to draw a pumpkin
How to Draw a Pumpkin Tutorial | Do weekly "how-to" as brain break (rather than as art project)...kids would love it!


pumpkins

patterned pumpkin
In the style of Romero Britto.
In the style of Romero 
that artist woman: Halloween Mosaics and "Mastering Mosaics" Giveaway
Hanging pumpkins
paper pumpkin craft. I do these as thankful pumpkins at thanksgiving too!!!! They write on each slip what they are thankful for that year and give to their parents as gifts! =)

I don't know how much of a treat this is, but here is a picture of my pumpkin faces that we use for 5 Little Pumpkins. Easy to make with just orange tag, tissue, curly ribbon. Makes for a darling picture!

Here's the pumpkin hat we make.
The boys arent exactly thrilled to wear it though.



Here's a cute Halloween costume.It's Fern from Charlotte's Web!  I think I'm too old to pull it off.
I usually dress up as the Tooth Fairy, but I can't fit into my formal gown this year.

Storybook Dress up day costume - Fern! (Charlotte's Web)  Bonus!-An excuse to wear jeans at school, lol!
 I have all the clothes in my closet. It's pretty much my weekend look.
Maybe one of you youngin's could use it!

I'll end with a little Halloween poem!


What will I be for Halloween?

A pumpkin, a princess, a cowboy, a queen?
What will I be for Halloween?

A witch, a wizard, a Ninja, a tree?
I just don’t know what I should be.

A lion that roars or a bird that tweets,
I want to be something that gets lots of treats.

A pirate, a prince, a monster, a mouse,
Or maybe a ghost from an old haunted house.

Should I be creepy or should I be scary?
Should I be a spider, or an alien, or a beautiful fairy?

I could be a doctor or a dragon, or a race-car driver.
I could be a fireman or a snowman or a deep-sea diver.

I could be Elvis or Elmo or Bambi or Belle
I could be Nemo or Nala or I could be Ariel.

It is so hard to decide what I want to be,
I’m glad that the rest of the year I get to be me.

                       OR
( I always offer an alternate ending. Not sure any my kids would ever want to dress like me, and I don't think I'm prettier than a princess, but it rhymed!)

There are so many costumes in which I could be dressed
But it must be special, it must be the best.

I know it, I’ve got it, I figured it out.
This is the best Halloween costume without a doubt.

Prettier than a princess and more creative than a creature,
I’m going to be my Kindergarten teacher!

Happy what's left of the weekend!

Hi there

4 comments:

  1. Love the whole post! haha the six words is great - I should try it when I blog, I think I yack too much in my Five for Fridays!
    I think the same personality quiz was given at a teacher training I went to recently, and I was a square (is that the one that is organized? I can't remember) which is kind of true, but I am one of those organized in my HEAD people... not always on the outside! My classroom has to stay organized. My house on the other hand....
    Love the pumpkin ideas! I have been searching for some Fall art projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reading my very late post. Happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pumpkin art was great, esp. the lanterns. If you want something the boys will get excited about (no hat here) look at the pumpkin decomposition activity I found here http://monthbymonth.scholastic.com/teach.html under Pumpkins for Primary The Great Pumpkin Race.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love everything that you make in your class! Love the 6 word idea!

    ReplyDelete