Monday, April 6, 2015

New aprons!

The new aprons have arrived and many more black aprons are on the way!

I've got hours of lesson planning to do , but first I have to do inventory!

Here are the choices that arrived today. 
I've put cards (clip art by Susanna Westby) in each apron so that you can see some of the ways I use 
my aprons:
Five Little Ducks Went Out One Day. 
I put the duckling behind the grassy hill card as we sing. Great for subtractionL
Little Red Riding Hood 

Subitizing
I cover the dots and quickly lift up a blank card to reveal the dots, then put the blank card back down. They have to tell me how many dots they saw.Three Billy Goats Gruff.
Three Billy Goats Gruff.
The troll hides behind the water picture until a goat trip traps over the bridge.
Three Little Pigs. 
SusannaWestby  has an adorable Three Pigs Rap!
Which number is missing?
The Three Bears Rap


I use the aprons for all sorts of reading, science and social studies fun too. 

It's also great as they kids are coming in the door or leaving for recess!Even If I only put in a sight word , it's in their sweet faces all day.They can't get away from me!

Many more songs and stories on the way.


I've even made a video but I'm too afraid to show it!

No comments:

Post a Comment