Thursday, August 6, 2015

An Early Five for Friday

Here's an early Five for Friday!!
Oh dear...
Ok, everybody. 
I've done it. 
I actually posted a video of my apron in action.
Oh dear.
Please, just realize that this was very difficult for me to do as this is WAY beyond my comfort level. I'm apologizing to my twenty-something sons right now.
It's certainly not the first time I've embarrassed them, but this is more public.
Oh dear. 
A little background...
We sing the song every day during our Fairy Tale Unit,
sometimes more because they love it so much!
Well,
Is there anything better than catching your teacher making a mistake?!
Listen closely to the little ever-observant child (we all have them)  who catches me using the Baby Bear's bed instead of Mama's bed.
And what in the world do I have in my pockets? 
It looks like I've taken away every possible toy that came to circle.
And I swear that is NOT my voice...

Here we go...
One more thing,
I forgot the words to this song and sort of made up some of it on my own. 
We all do this on occasion. 
You know what I'm talking about..where you fill in with do-ops and 
shang-a-langs or whatever rhymes whenever you don't know the words.
So, this is a big time apology to the clever person who wrote the original 
song.
I'm so sorry, your version is much better.
(I often layer the cards when I sing songs.
If this goes well, I'll post more ways to use the apron)



I'm going to go stress-eat a package of cookies now.
Oh dear.


13 comments:

  1. Can't view your YouTube Apron Show-N-Tell? It says it's private. I bought one of your aprons and all the cards that go with it so it would be great to see how you used it. Thanks, Daniela ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Can anyone else let me know if they are having trouble. I'm so bad at this computer stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH my goodness! You must have fixed it because I just played it perfectly!
    I just love this so much and can't wait to use my apron.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my favorite video in the world. I love your voices and you! This is beyond precious and I really mean that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kids love the song but love catching me making a mistake even more!

      Delete
  5. I love this! Do you have the words and pictures you used? I want to incorporate more songs/poems/fingerplays with my class this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. PERFECT!!!! That is so helpful, too, Sandy! The layering of the cards is such a great idea and so much fun for the kids to see. SO much more fun than a chart hanging on the wall! Thank you so much for posting this. You can tell the kids LOVE the song (and you!), too. We all do. Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carolyn. Hugs from California.

      Delete
  7. Thank you for making that adorable video. I have one of your aprons- in fact we got one for every member of our staff and we all use and LOVE them! I need to get my hands on your cute songs!
    KinderIrick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You made my day. I needed to hear that today. I hope the kids love the apron!

      Delete
  8. Thanks so much, Sandy, for posting the video. You do a fine rendition... I always forget that one except for the Hey babareebear, said the little wee bear part! I love your apron and it's good to see it in action. Take a bow :) See you around. Kathleen Kidpeople Classroom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathleen. Yes, I'm talented at making up my own version, alright. It's not always a good thing!

      Delete