Saturday, October 3, 2015

Five for Friday



Thank you Doodle Bugs for hosting!

I'm busy cleaning the Show and Tell Shipping Department. In fact, it has been relocated to my son's room! That's what happens when you go off to college and grow up! Ha!


This post is mostly sharing other people's wonderful ideas!

I once heard a talented teacher say that she felt it was important her students sang, danced and heard a good piece of literature every day. I try hard to be sure and follow her advice! Next week is Fire Prevention Week.
These poems and song looked like fun...now I need a good story!


I found the Firefighter's costume and then realized what a hulabaloo it's going to cause! How will we share this without tears? What was I thinking?

This packet by Dr  SAM looks adorable!
Community Helpers Craft (Bundle) with Shared Writing and B

Anything by Simply Kinder is wonderful!
Fire Safety
We made this little dog last year. It turned out so cute. This is a must do!








Guiding Readers: October NO PREP ELA Unit for K-1
I'm using Deedee Wills and Deanna Jump's Guided Reading.
Oh my gosh!!!!! I love it. My kids can't wait to hear the stories and do all the fun activities.
I'm unable to use it totally as instructed due to a time crunch but, I can tell you that even though we have to do most of it orally, my kids have already grown tremendously. I'm impressed, but not surprised. These two ladies come up with some amazing products.

One week in October concentrates on a story called Knuffle Bunny.
Hilarious! Anway, I saw the Knuffle Bunny stuffed animal idea on Pinterest . We're skipping the sewing part because the thought of four and five year olds with a needle, even if it's dull, gives me hives. The sample below is "in progress."



We use Zoophonics and I can't say enough kind things about it!
Our kids know their sounds in no time and they love the kinesthetic movement!
My TK class is making the animals for each letter.




We made little robins to go with her bird story.
Don't laugh at me for blurring her text! I don't want anyone to steal her story!!!




I have a sad heart.
I think the hardest part of my job is teaching four and five year olds about lockdowns.
I must have wished upon every star the other night as I said a prayer of all for us to have a safe year.

Safe journeys.

3 comments:

  1. Your kinders have been busy! I completely forgot to plan anything for Fire Prevention Week. We'll be testing, so that sort of took over my brain. It is so sad to have to teach children how to participate in lockdowns.I try to be as positive as possible, but I can't say that it will NEVER happen at our school. I'd be lying to them. I think it's SO considerate that you blurred the text! Have a great week.
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sandy, I love these ideas! For some reason your Knuffle Bunnies and precious dalmatian just spoke to me! LOVE THEM! Thanks for all the great ideas. <3 Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOOOOVE your Knuffle Bunnies! BTW, do you say it with the /k/...just wondering!

    Janice
    www.prekpartner.com

    ReplyDelete