Saturday, February 20, 2016

Five for Friday on a Saturday!

Here's my Five Words for Friday on a Saturday! Thank you Kacey for hosting!




We did directed drawing lessons for President's Day.
I'm pretty sure we all do Lincoln and Washington.
You can find the directed drawing instructions for Obama here:
http://kinder-gardening.blogspot.com/2016/02/directed-draw.html

Directed draw of President Obama. 





I love morning glories, as does my friend Carolyn Kisloski (she posted about her Morning Glory project this week).
Here's a little poem to go with it for the kids !

Morning Glories are my favorite flower,
They rise and shine at an early hour.
They like to climb and cling to things,
And they're ready for whatever the daylight brings.
They're bright and happy and sometimes blue,
They grow so fast it can't be true.
Why do I like them? Can't you see?
Morning glories are just like me!

Here's an old post about hats...
In the fall, I posted about a pumpkin hat that I'd seen on a Martha Stewart site. It is so cute and my kids love it. I remembered that they also showed how to make a morning glory and a rose crepe paper hat, so off I went to her site.
I had fun making a mini one first and then I tried the larger size. HA!
These didn't turn out as I had hoped. My friend told me about a site where they have pictures of failed projects. First they show what  it's supposed to look like and then there's a picture of the botched up version. I should submit these pictures!








Daffodils are blooming !!
Coffee filters dabbed with liquid color.
We only dabbed in a few spaces and left for library time.
When we returned the color had spread!
I precut the coffee filters ahead of time.
Layer
Smoosh upward.
Flatten.
Glue on a cupcake paper.
If you're using colored cupcake cups, turn them inside out
so that you can see the color!



I made baskets this week for addition and subtraction strategies
 and found this wonderful packet of posters on TPT by Class of Kinders.
I love them!
Solving Math Problems {Strategy Posters for Addition} Common Core
This basket is my favorite! Our timing is perfect.
 Numberlines and froggies for Leap Year!!!!

I'll be spending today getting ready for the Southern California Conference in Pasadena, California.
It's my favorite conference to attend and beautifully organized!


 Almost ready to go!
My TPT store: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Kinder-gardening


Happy weekend!

1 comment:

  1. This blog must be very helpful for all the mothers and teachers who deal with young children. Very creative posters and word description. This blog has made things easy for little kids.

    ReplyDelete