Saturday, February 27, 2016

Five for Friday


Happy Five for Friday!
Thank you Doodle Bugs for hosting.
This will be quick...
We'll celebrate Leap Year on Monday.
Of course, we have to use the apron for 5 Little Speckled Frogs,
We'll also do a directed drawing of a frog and then write about frogs, make a frog visor, and play a hopping game with our sight words (those silly looking green things are lilly pads).
Perfect timing for frogs hopping on number lines!

I'm only showing this because it took sooooo long to complete and I FINALLY got it up on the wall. Now that I'm looking at this, it's hard to tell that those are heart blocks...hmmmm.
I had to put it on top of my thermostat and have to reach up under the paper quilt every morning. Pain in the patootie!!

We're counting collections in math right now and the kids couldn't love it more!
We had to count our daffodils before they went up on the board.

I put out collections around the room and they rotated with a partner. First, they had to make a guess, then they used the ten frames to figure out the real amount.


 
We used Deanna Jump's American Symbols unit. 
America Math and Literacy Fun
I can't recommend this packet enough.
Not only did our kids learn a lot but our parents loved it, too! 
Look at all this art. The flags and Liberty Bell couldn't even fit!

We also watched a wonderful directed drawing lesson on the Liberty Bell.
Look at this picture that one of my kids drew during free play time!!

All my kids are asking their parents if they can fly across the country this weekend to see the Statue of Liberty and the Liberty Bell! HA!

I'm spending the weekend getting ready for the Southern California Kindergarten Conference. It's more work than I would have ever thought, but definitely a labor of love.
I hope to see some of you there!
Happy weekend!

4 comments:

  1. I always use the 5 green and speckled frogs song to introduce subtraction. We did it week before last. You have been doing lots of great learning activities in your classroom. Looks like fun! Good luck at your conference!
    Katie
    Mrs. Byrd's Learning Tree
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, also Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed and Five Little Ducks Went Out One Day!
    Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your bags, Sandy. Have fun at the conference. I used your apron on 100th day- made a 100 with 100 little dots to wear! See you later. Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to hear about the conference! I'll be thinking of you! I love your frog ideas! 😄

    ReplyDelete