Friday, March 18, 2016

Five for Friday

I'm linking up with Doodle Bug's Five for Friday.
Thank you Kacey for hosting!

This is what bulletin boards look like when St. Patrick's Day
 and spring/bunny fun are celebrated in the same week.
A big jumble of cuteness with
Leprechauns, spring bonnets and bunnies.
I'm shaking my head at this mess.
It pretty much sums up my week.


Best purchase EVER.
I used to hand draw little shoes across the floor and table on St. Patrick's Day. 
Silly me.
Took me hours and it was amusing how the shoes kept growing and shrinking
in size as the path went on and on.
Truth be told, I lost that stamp for about two years and found it last week, 
tucked way back in the closet.
I almost cried...



 I tried the walking rainbow this year.
We made it the day before St. Patrick's Day
and it just wasn't moving very quickly.
The kids were a little disappointed 
but when they arrived for all the Leprechaun fun 
look what they found!
Magic!

We always have to make the egg pile!

The traps were amazing this year!
One even had a working light switch!
This note was attached to one of the traps
and I was so impressed because it
 written by one of my youngest kids! Wow!

These were also written by a little one.
I was so excited for her! 
We were out at recess and she kept running to new places
on the playground, writing letters as she stretched out her sounds/words.
Success!
pig
I've put on a little weight and hope this first word wasn't for me!
I got caught eating their snack (mouth full of goldfish crackers) and one of the kids said (lovingly) that I was being a little piggy.
These five year old people are pretty darn honest...

 road
 sky
 sun
Proud teacher!

I noticed the other day that the dandelions are blooming.
To me, that means I better find some little clear containers
 to make my graduation wish jars(I posted about this idea last year).
It will be a while before they turn to puffs, but I'm going to be ready this year!
The results are magical and the kids love them!
I try to find plastic jars for safety.
These are salt shakers and I think the air holes help.

Happy weekend!
I'm going to be out in my backyard.
Look what's blooming!

8 comments:

  1. Your wish jars are such a sweet idea! Thank you for sharing.

    Stacy @Made with Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are just a bit ahead of us in seasonal warmth- our lilacs have leaf buds but that's all, and we don't have dandelions yet... soon enough! Love the barefoot stamp and the walking rainbow. So glad you have such fun with your kiddos, Sandy! See you around. Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen the walking rainbow, and am adding it to my to do list! The foot print stamp is PERFECT and I am sure such a time saver:)

    Tammy @ The Resourceful Apple

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where to begin?! I love your rainbow! And you know I love those wish jars. That bulletin board, though ... Too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rainbow was really, really fun to watch as the colors "walked" around to mix secondary colors. The wish jars are sweet. I had seen some on Pinterest over a year ago and thought they'd be perfect for graduation!

      Delete
  5. Wait... How did I forget that writing and those lilacs!❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lilacs are my favorite kind of flower and I have 10 huge bushes. HUGE!!!! My yard smells so good right now.

      Delete
  6. Hi Kinder Gardening!

    Sorry to contact you through a comment, I couldn't find your contact button.

    Hello educators!

    My name is Janice Galarza and I am the owner of the blog PreK Partner. This month I will be celebrating the 3rd anniversary of my blog along with my birthday and I would like to celebrate with you!

    Let me tell you a little bit about myself and my classroom. I teach an Inclusion bilingual PreK in San Diego, CA. This is my 12th year teaching and I do not see myself doing anything else. I am reaching out to you because we share the same passion for early childhood education.

    During March 24-26 I will have a rafflecopter giveaway with some fantastic products for my followers, new fans AND followers of everyone who enters the celebration and participates.

    I intend to do three different rafflecopters, I plan to split the TpT donated products into the first two days and winner's choices from TpT stores on the 26th. You may chose how you'd like to participate - donate a product or let winner choose.

    Looking forward to working with you!, making new ECE blogger friends, and increase each other's followers on your blogs and social media.

    Regards,

    Janice

    ReplyDelete