Saturday, May 21, 2016

Fast Five for Friday



I'm linking up with Doodle Bug's Five for Friday.
Thank you Kacey for hosting!
I'm really, really tired this week trying to get everything ready for the end of year.
I realized things were bad when I tried to open my classroom door by pointing and clicking my car keys at it.
This pretty much sums up the look on my face.
I'm a little too busy...
It's official. I need a life. (And I don't know how to fix whatever I did to the margins and there's no one home to help me so I'm leaving it! HA) Just scroll on down to the next line.

After spending the morning working on report cards, 
I made thank you notes for my parent volunteers.
I've been teaching for more than 30 years and my favorite parent thank you is a heartfelt note. In fact, I've saved every single one!
Because I cherish their notes, I try to return the love.
It takes hours to make the cards for my volunteers, and they're a little dorky, but I hope they convey my appreciation. I always try to find a little bud vase and fill it with flowers. This year I used salt shakers and hot glued bows and name tags.



I had 13 volunteers this year!!!!
I'd be in a whole world of hurt without their dedication!
I've got the portfolios ready to go home!!

My all time favorite gift to my students is a wish jar.
I found the perfect jars this year and only have to attach the poem.
I was late collecting the puffs this year and had to go up in elevation to find fresh ones!

.

I hope the kids love their wish jars!

No pictures for this one!
Just something I've done for years that has proven to make a difference for my kids...
I'm sure many of you already do this.
Every year I write a note to be found later in each child's journal.
Sometimes they're not found until much later!
I write something about why I think they're so spectacular.
I've had kids come back years later and tell me how and when they found the note.
This is just plain silly.
Never talk on the phone with your sister while mixing a cake.
I was so enthralled with her conversation that I left out the baking soda.
Drat!
Happy weekend everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Sandy, sometimes I think I could be your neighbor or your next door colleague or your long lost sister with some of the same things we do :).... though I do NOT hand make an individual thank you card for each parent.... WAY over the top, woman. Hope your end-of-year goes well. I still have four weeks. sigh. Kathleen Kidpeople Classroom And hey- stop by and enter the HUE giveaway I got going on right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here it is! http://kinder-gardening.blogspot.com/2015/06/a-late-five-for-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh looks so sweet.:) There is so much entertainment in a single post. Wish jars, innovative and colorful greeting cards, beautiful flowers, etc. I liked it very much.

    ReplyDelete